4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 1:46 AM by chrigu RSS

Problems installing Development Suite Patch 10.1.2.3.0 on Windows 7 (32-bit)

chrigu

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Oracle Development Suite 10.1.2.3.0 on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 with fairly current Windows Updates) according to Metalink Document 1292919.1.

Everything work just find until I try to install the 10.1.2.3.0 Patchset (Patch Number 5983622) as outlined in Step 5 of the aforementioned Document.

During the step labelled "Copying files for 'Oracle Universal Installer 10.1.0.6.0" I get the following error message twice:

"javaw.exe Entry Point Not Found"

"The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL".

I acknowledged both of these messages and rest of the installation process runs fine.

I'm not not sure about what to make of these messages, will my installation work correctly or will I have to cope with further issues related to this?

My search on Metalink did not turn up any results related to the Development Suite. I already checked if there were multiple versions of psapi.dll were present on the system as mentionned in Documents regarding this problem while installing Oracle client 10.1.0.5.0 but there is only one.

Any help is apreciated!

Chris