This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 8:32 PM by Ivruksha RSS

Supplier Type Entry - Payables Super User

user8822881 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

we are using Oracle Apps R12.1.3

I am looking for setup information that I am not able to find, about "Supplier Type" in payables supplier self service page.

Here is Navigation

Payables Super User => Suppliers => Entry => Create Suppliers(SS page)

when I click on create suppliers able to see two values for "supplier type" from drop down list before creating supplier.

I was wondering how this supplier types are defined/setup in the system are below.

1. Standard Supplier

2. Supplier used to process expense payment to internal employees

I have checked for this in Lookups > Purchasing > VENDOR TYPE

the two above values from list are not here.

I have looked in lookup types, payables guide, purchasing guide to find the information about this, but no luck.

business requirement was to create a supplier on the fly based on new supplier type.

Sometimes we get services from third party that are not in our system, we buy services using credit cards on the fly.

we required to setup this supplier information in the system who provided services. is there any other way to record this supplier information?.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Supplier Type Entry - Payables Super User
    user8822881 Newbie

Any idea how this supplier type values are defined?.

If some one can shed some light, I will appreciate.

SS page at the bottom From "About this page" also didn't helped me that how data is defined in this supplier type Field?.

• 2. Re: Supplier Type Entry - Payables Super User
    user8822881 Newbie

I looked into other similar threads on this, atleast can some one tell me whether there is a solution.

It looks like supplier type based on menu POS_HT_SP_FULL_ACCESS_MENU.

is this correct?

to create a another supplier type, do we need to customize ss page?

Thx..

• 3. Re: Supplier Type Entry - Payables Super User
    Ivruksha Pro

Hi,

to display the supplier type values such as "Standard Supplier and Supplier used to process expense payment to internal employees", there is no need for any personalization or customization to the self service pages, they are purely controlled by the configuration at the Menu Level..
    As you have highlighted, enabling the menu POS_HT_SP_FULL_ACCESS_MENU would make the option "Supplier used to process expense payment to internal employees" available for selection in the supplier creation page, if it is not enabled you would only see the Standard type of supplier values ....
    To enable this option, you would need access to system administrator responsibility ....

References;
    R12: Unable To View or Create An Employee Type Supplier From The Suppliers Form (Doc ID 422849.1)

Regards,
    Ivruksha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points