2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 3:01 AM by Arumugavel RSS

Definition security for Newly created objects

Arumugavel

Hi,
      We are implementing Definition security in our Peopletools 8.51/FSCM 9.1 instance. We have restricted the access to display only for all the current objects . However, if a new object has been created in the database, by default its not assigned to any definition group and hence every user has update access to it .
      We want to clarify the following things :

1) As per my understanding from peoplebooks , untill a definition is assigned to any definition group everyone gets update access to it.
      2) How can we restrict the access to newly created objects, since those are not added to any definition group when they are created. I hope there should be a way to restrict access to them without manually adding those in any definition group.

Regards

Velu

• 1. Re: Definition security for Newly created objects
          HakanBiroglu

Definition security is ootb meant to restrict you from modifying PeopleTools objects to enforce a stable environment.

It is more common to use locking in Application Designer to restrict multiple developers from modifying custom objects.

• 2. Re: Definition security for Newly created objects
            Arumugavel

Thanks hakan for your quick response

Actually i have created a definition group named as people_defn and i add all the definitions to that definition group.Suppose if i create new objects in the same instance then that objects is not added to any definition group so all the users have update acces to that objects so we have to restrict that access. how could i add that objects dynamically to that people_defn definition group.  if not ,each time i have to add the newly created objects to that particular group .Is there any way to add those excluded objects to that definition group.Can we write any query to update from backend?