1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 3:30 AM by fac586 RSS

How to enable detail view interactive report as default for public user?

T101_cyberdyne

Hello all,

I'm currently developing a search results page.

I'm trying to do a nice view instead of a default table like view from the interactive reports. So in this case i enabled the detail view so i could make fancy designs.

all worked well and looked neat but however when i pass value from my search page using IR_ROWFILTER and clear the results page using page_no,RIR, it brings me to the interactive reports result page with the default table like view.

i have to press the detail view to get it. i tried saving it as default but it wont work. this issue is for public user.

if i make the page requires authentication, and save the detail view as default i would not have any problem. i could search and it will straightly bring to the detail view of the search page.

of course the other reason i found is because im using the IR_ROWFILTER and clearing page using page_no,RIR..without it,it works well but i need it coz im doing a a search result. i need to send search text from another page and put it in the filter in the search page. i would need to use RIR to clear it for searching again.

is this a limitation for public user? it doesnt happened for authenticated user though..

how can i make this view as default for public user?

• 1. Re: How to enable detail view interactive report as default for public user?
          fac586

T101_cyberdyne wrote:

how can i make this view as default for public user?

Flip the report into Detail view on page load using an Page Load dynamic action with the following Execute JavaScript Code true action:

gReport.data.view('DETAIL');

I'm trying to do a nice view instead of a default table like view from the interactive reports. So in this case i enabled the detail view so i could make fancy designs.

Do you really need this to be an IR? Other than the detail layout, do you require any of the interactive features? If not, try using a standard report with a custom report template.