3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 3:40 PM by fac586

How to connect list of values to regions

Raghu Varma

Hi All,

I created list of values like Bar chart,Column Chart,Pie Chart.these list of values added to the text field named as Chat type.

In same region i created 3 chart sub regions.

My requirement is if i select chart type-pie chart.the page will show only pie chart region only.Same to Bar chart and Column charts also.

Please tell me clearly.

Please help me.

Thanks&Regards,

Raghu

• 1. Re: How to connect list of values to regions
          fac586

This is done using conditional rendering. Add a Value of item in Expression 1 = Expression 2 condition to each chart region, where Expression 1 is the name of the LOV item, and Expression 2 is the LOV value corresponding to the region chart type.

Set the Submit Page" so that the page is re-rendered when the LOV value changes.

• 2. Re: How to connect list of values to regions
            Raghu Varma

Thank You.

But i have 2 questions.

1,Where we will give the the value to the LOV Item

2,Please give some example for Expression1.

Please tell me clearly.I am new to apex.

Thanks&Regards,

Raghu

• 3. Re: How to connect list of values to regions
              fac586

RaghuVarma wrote:

But i have 2 questions.

1,Where we will give the the value to the LOV Item

I created list of values like Bar chart,Column Chart,Pie Chart.these list of values added to the text field named as Chat type.

When you say "text field", do you literally mean a text item? If so, why are you using this? A select list or radio group would usually be used to allow the chart type to be selected.

Usually the user will "give the value" (i.e. select the required option). You can provide a default option when the page is first rendered using a Before Header Computation that runs conditionally if the item value is null. (You must use a computation for this rather than the item Default property in order that the value is in session state for use in the chart region conditions.)

2,Please give some example for Expression1.

Expression 1 is the name of the item used to display the options. Following the APEX convention of prefixing item names by page to make them unique, this will be something like P2_CHART_TYPE.