1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 10:27 AM by Andreas Weiden RSS

Query building

Hi all,

I am writing a database application and have ran into an issues that I am having a hard time resolving and would like some help. The application tracks time and labor in my organization. What I am trying to is run a payroll report that calculate all employees time over a given date range.

I would like the dataset to bring back a single instance of the name of the employee and all the time worked for the given date range.

But when I run my query I get the employee name for each instance of the time entered for the the given date range. Here is my query. Can someone please help.

Sincerely Traff

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[Sp_PayrollReport]

-- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here

@StartDate date,

@EndDate date

-- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from

-- interfering with SELECT statements.

SET NOCOUNT ON;

-- Insert statements for procedure here

SELECT Employeetb.EmployeeID, Employeetb.FName + ' ' + Employeetb.MName + ' ' + Employeetb.LName AS EmployeeName,DATENAME(dw,TimeLogged.StartDate)AS NameOfDay,

CONVERT(TIME,TimeLogged.ClockedIn) AS ClockedIn,CONVERT(TIME,TimeLogged.ClockedOut) AS ClockedOut,CONVERT(varchar(10),TimeLogged.StartDate,101) AS TheDate,

DATEDIFF(mi,OverTime.StartTime,OverTime.EndTime) / 60 AS Overtime,

DATEDIFF(mi,TimeLogged.ClockedIn,TimeLogged.ClockedOut) / 60 + DATEDIFF(mi,OverTime.StartTime,OverTime.EndTime) / 60 AS TotalHours

FROM Employeetb,TimeLogged,OverTime

WHERE Employeetb.EmployeeID = TimeLogged.EmployeeID

AND TimeLogged.StartDate >= @StartDate AND TimeLogged.EndDate <= @EndDate

AND OverTime.OvertimeDate >= @StartDate AND OverTime.OvertimeDate <= @EndDate

GROUP BY Employeetb.FName + ' ' + Employeetb.MName + ' ' + Employeetb.LName,TimeLogged.StartDate,TimeLogged.ClockedIn,TimeLogged.ClockedOut,TimeLogged.StartDate,

OverTime.StartTime,OverTime.EndTime,Employeetb.EmployeeID ORDER BY Employeetb.FName + ' ' + Employeetb.MName + ' ' + Employeetb.LName