3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 10:50 AM by fac586 RSS

Newline character in report heading

DigitalLogick

Hi all,

I have an application that displays some testing information in a classic report. I have two groups for failed test, Major and Minor. I would like to have the column heading display like:

------------------------------

Major        Minor

Fails         Fails

How would I accomplish this? Also, how do I adjust the size of the fonts for those columns only. So all the columns fit nicely together.

Any advice would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Newline character in report heading
          fac586

DigitalLogick wrote:

Hi all,

I have an application that displays some testing information in a classic report. I have two groups for failed test, Major and Minor. I would like to have the column heading display like:

Major        Minor

Fails        Fails

How would I accomplish this?

Use the HTML br element to create a break in the headings:

• Major<br>Fails
          • Minor<br>Fails

However, this might not be a conforming use of br. Specifying a width for the column that (usually) forces the heading to wrap is probably a better option.

Also, how do I adjust the size of the fonts for those columns only. So all the columns fit nicely together.

Add a style sheet to the page to control the column width and font size:

th#major-fails-column-alias,
          td[headers="major-fails-column-alias"],
          th#minor-fails-column-alias,
          td[headers="minor-fails-column-alias"] {
            width: 3em;
            font-size: x-small;

}

Exactly where this code goes depends on your APEX version, which you have neglected to identify. Whether the font size adjustment is up for down is also unclear.

• 2. Re: Newline character in report heading
            DigitalLogick

Exactly where this code goes depends on your APEX version, which you have neglected to identify. Whether the font size adjustment is up for down is also unclear.

Sorry about that, I am using APEX 4.2. I want the font size to be smaller. That way the two headings that have two lines would not increase the size of the entire heading bar. Where should I place the CSS code in this situation?

• 3. Re: Newline character in report heading
              fac586

DigitalLogick wrote:

Where should I place the CSS code in this situation?

Sorry for the delay in responding. If it's still any use, in 4.2 the style sheet should go in the Inline CSS page attribute.