1 person found this helpful
1. How many columns do you have?
2. Which one has the problem?
3. What datatype/size/etc. is it?
4. Anything different/special about it?
5. If you copy this page to another one -- just for testing -- does the new page show the same problem?
6. If you rearrange the order of the columns -- say on the new page -- just for testing -- does the problem stay with this same column or does the problem stay with the nth column of the report?
7. Can we see your query?
Howard, Thanks for your reply. Your response had me thinking about the underlying report SQL. The column in question was being selected from the DB and renamed as "Employee?", so that it appears as the column heading. The "?" looked suspicious to me and I removed it -- and the problem was resolved. Obviously, what doesn't make sense is that it worked in 4.0 and not in 4.2. There must be some internal APEX change that prevents it from working in 4.2. Thanks.
You may be familiar with the "?" usage in URLs. It's a "special" delimiter/character there. So, perhaps it now has a special function in APEX 4.2. You could open a new question: "BUG or Feature: "?" Used in Column Heading?" -- Howard