3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2013 10:00 PM by Jessie C-Oracle RSS

Workflows with Multiple Resolution Criteria Not Working

Brittany R.

Hello -

I need two resolution criteria (Business Unit, Packaging Item Type or Category) for each of my workflows across most spec types (Packaging, Material). However, when I update a specification that has been created without a template, it will not resolve to any workflows with more than one criteria. The specification will meet all of the resolution criteria, but the system does not offer these workflows as an option. If I remove the second resolution criteria, the system will allow the specification to reresolve to the workflow. Something is going on with respect to the multiple resolution criteria, and I do not know how to fix it.

Has anyone seen this issue before and had any luck?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Workflows with Multiple Resolution Criteria Not Working
          Jessie C-Oracle

Hi,

Would you please let us know which version of product are you using? and how do you setup the workflow?

I just tested on 6.1.1.1, it works fine. i set up a material WFA with both criteria BU=CPI North America (Exact Match), and Classification=Baby Food Ingredient (Exact Match), Cache. then i create a new material, assigned to CPI North America, with Baby Food Ingredient as Classification, save, then the WFA i created shows in the list. then i create another material, assigned to CPI North America, but with another Classification, save. and this time, the WFA i created doesn't list.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jessie

• 2. Re: Workflows with Multiple Resolution Criteria Not Working
            Brittany R.

Hey -

Sorry, I'm using 6.1.1 as well. For my packaging specs, I have two workflows, Printed and Structural. For Printed, BU = Global OR Consumer OR Pet, and Packaging Item Type = Printed (and structural, Packaging Item Type = Structural). I have something similar for material.

I agree - it should work like yours has. However, even if my Packaging Spec has BU = Global (or consumer, or pet) and Item Type = Structural, it still defaults to its previous workflow and does not show the Structural Workflow as an option.

Could there be something going on at the server level? I'm wracking my brain but I'm pretty sure the workflow itself is configured correctly, and unless I'm using Resolve workflow incorrectly, I don't really understand what is happening.

Appreciate any and all insights!

• 3. Re: Workflows with Multiple Resolution Criteria Not Working
              Jessie C-Oracle

Hi,

I'm wondering how you set up the BU criteria? Cause I may find the problem. did you set up as below:

BU= Global;

BU= Consumer;

BU= Pet;

Packaging Item Type= Printed

if so, then you have to assign spec with all three BUs above as well as the Packaging Item Types then this workflow will show as an option.

So if you want to achieve the case you've mentioned, you need to set up two WFAs, one is

BU= Global, Consumer, Pet;

Packaging Item Type= Printed;

the other is:

BU= Global, Consumer, Pet;

Packaging Item Type= Structural;

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Jessie