7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 4:36 AM by SDM RSS

Cannot export data form to excel.

Dear All:

I am in HFM 11.1.2.2. I cannot export data form to excel. Have clicked "Open in SmartView" Button in the tool bar of the data form from HFM web interface. Nothing had happened. Tried many times and no luck.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

• 1. Re: Cannot export data form to excel.
          SDM

The option of Export to Excel is no longer available in any of the version. You have to use the Smartview to open the form/Grid in Excel and edit them and you can also submit them.

• 2. Re: Cannot export data form to excel.
            Mr. V

Starting from version 11.1.2.2, Export to Excel  option had been disabled for data-forms. To have a look at the new features of this release, you can refer this post - http://www.rittmanmead.com/2012/05/hfm-11-1-2-2-%E2%80%93-new-features-part-1/

Open in SmartView option wasn't supplied with initial version of HFM 11.1.2.2, but later was made available. To answer your question, could you let me know:

- if SmartView was installed on your machine

- if correct version of MS Office installed (per the certification matrix)

Cheers.

• 3. Re: Cannot export data form to excel.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Smartview 11.1.2.2 is installed and I have excel 2010. I can open the data form in smartview by right click and data form them open form. However, it takes long time. The hourglass just kept spin.

• 4. Re: Cannot export data form to excel.

I tried to make a small data form by just choose one entity and corresponding POVs. When I tried to open the data form by right click and "Open form", I got an error message saying

"An unknown error has occurred in the HsvWebFormGeneratorACM object"

My smart view has version of 11.1.2.2.310. My HFM has version of 11.1.2.1.305.

Any help is really appreciated.

• 5. Re: Cannot export data form to excel.
                  SDM

The issue can be caused by corrupt Point of Veiw information stored in the USERPARAMS table in the HFM repository database.

Try deleting the corrupt user data from USERPARAMS table.

The USERPARAMS table stores user-based information such as HFM Cluster settings, Extended Analytics settings, Web Data Entry Form settings, Web Based Report Files. Executing above SQL statement will reset all these settings for selected user.

• 6. Re: Cannot export data form to excel.

Thank you for your reply. What SQL statement are you mentioning? I do not see it.

• 7. Re: Cannot export data form to excel.
                      SDM

To delete corrupt user data from USERPARAMS table the following SQL statement may be used where <username> is the name of the user affected and <appname> is the name of the application:

DELETE *

FROM <appname>_USERPARAMS

WHERE Username like '<username>@%'

Important Note:- Make a full backup of the the database before attempting any direct changes in HFM repository.