2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2004 2:30 AM by consman

Problem in Oracle InterConnect Customised Adapter

Hello All,
      I am Trying to incorporate a new adapter(i.e, sample provided by cookbook) in Oracle interconnect 9.0.4(10g)..
      By fallowing the instructon provided by the documentation I have successfully created the Adapter application, but when I try to run that service it says :

"There was an error subscribing to Topic or Queue oai_hub_queue. The Adapter will automatically subscribe to oai_hub_queue when the error has been corrected.
      oracle.jms.AQjmsException: Non supported character set: oracle-character-set-178
      at oracle.jms.AQjmsSession.addDurableSubscriber(AQjmsSession.java:3650)
      at oracle.jms.AQjmsSession.createSubInOldMode(AQjmsSession.java:2819)
      at oracle.jms.AQjmsSession.createDurableSubscriber(AQjmsSession.java:247
      7)"

Can any body help me in this regard...

An early response will be highly appriciated..

Best regards,
        • 1. Re: Problem in Oracle InterConnect Customised Adapter
          "Shub Lahiri, A-Team-Oracle"
          This error might be caused by the fact that the hub database is built using a character set which is neither US7ASCII, nor WE8DEC, nor WE8ISO8859P1, nor UTF8.
          If this is true, then in your adapter start script and all the other relevant components, you will have to include the library $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/nls_charset12.zip or $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/nls_charset11.zip, as appropriate, in your CLASSPATH.
          If you have access to Metalink, you can check out Note 178994.1 for more details.

Regards,

Shub Lahiri
          Product Manager
          OracleAS Integration
          • 2. Re: Problem in Oracle InterConnect Customised Adapter
            consman
            Thanks, Shub! This helped me tremendously, too. I now can run advanced queuing!

--Bob R