2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 10:42 AM by GregArihood RSS

UI Shell and BTF Query

nbyrne76

JDev 12

I am creating an application based on UI shell. I have a number of external bounded task flows that are deployed as jars which have been added to the project through Libraries and Classpath/add jar.

I have a number of navigation buttons that will open the btfs. In the examples I have seen online the btfs have created within the same project so exist in the web-inf directory. My question is this - in the addTab method of the tabscontext how do I refer to the 'external' btf. Most examples are something like '/web-inf/dept-task-flow.xml#dept-task-flow' Is there a step that I am missing that I should take to add the 'external' btf to the web-inf??

Thanks

Neal

• 1. Re: UI Shell and BTF Query
          GregArihood

Neal,

I have the same question. Did you ever get an answer on how to do this?

-Greg

• 2. Re: UI Shell and BTF Query
            GregArihood

Neal,

The answer to your question is that you refer to them exactly as you would an internal btf. As long as the library is added to the UI Shell, all the task flows of the libraries are visible to it. So, if in your case, '/web-inf/dept-task-flow.xml#dept-task-flow' was created in another application, packaged up as a library, and added to the UI shell, the UI Shell could find it by using '/web-inf/dept-task-flow.xml#dept-task-flow'.

You can probably see what this means for your overall project. In order for the UI Shell to "find" all of your btfs, they all need to have unique names. You can't have btfs in different libraries with the same name, i.e. '/web-inf/dept-task-flow.xml#dept-task-flow' can only exist once.

-Greg