7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 10:53 AM by AdamNULL RSS

All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2

AdamNULL

We recently upgraded from Application Express 4.1 to Application Express 4.2.2.  Application works great in 4.1 and is live.  In development, we upgraded the Apex version and move the application over.  To our surprise and confusion, no chart (bar, line, pie) show up.  I go through the process to create a new chart and that does not show up either.

Anyone see a similar issues and solve it?  Thanks for any assistance.
      Adam
        • 1. Re: All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2
          TexasApexDeveloper

Adam,

Is there any way I can contact you offline to ask you a few questions about this application?

Thank you,

Tony Miller

Ruckersville, VA

• 2. Re: All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2
            AdamNULL

I suppose you can.  How do I contact you?

Adam

• 3. Re: All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2
              TexasApexDeveloper

send an email to texas dot apex dot developer at gmail dot com..  Just have a few questions on you implemented things in your app..

• 4. Re: All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2
                AdamNULL

As anyone had issues with charts not showing up.  We were seeing the issue in development.  Over the weekend, we just upgraded our production system to 4.2.2 and we are seeing the same issue.  Past charts and any newly created charts are not showing up.

• 5. Re: All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2
                  Joe Upshaw

Adam,

I have seen this (and similar) issues when you neglect to copy the images to from the patch file into your APEX images directory (overwriting when necessary). Are you certain that you performed this step?

-Joe

• 6. Re: All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2
                    Jeff E

I had a similar problem (it would show in chrome and firefox but not IE) and resolved it by applying a new theme to the application and then compared the page templates between the old and new themes.

More specifically, the header in the old page template had:

<html lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE." xmlns:htmldb="http://htmldb.oracle.com">
                    <head>

In the new page template it had:

<!--[if HTML5]> <!doctype html> <![endif]-->
                    <!--[if lt IE 7 ]> <html class="ie6 no-css3" lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE."> <![endif]-->
                    <!--[if IE 7 ]>    <html class="ie7 no-css3" lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE."> <![endif]-->
                    <!--[if IE 8 ]>    <html class="ie8 no-css3" lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE."> <![endif]-->
                    <!--[if IE 9 ]>    <html class="ie9" lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE."> <![endif]-->
                    <!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> <html lang="&BROWSER_LANGUAGE."> <!--<![endif]-->
                    <head>

I applied the new page template header code into my old page template and the charts started showing.

--Jeff

• 7. Re: All Charts are not rendering in 4.2.2
                      AdamNULL

Thank you for the responses.  I check those above and all that was done or looked good.  But in just deleting everything on the page and rebuilding it, I found the issue.  In my page header text, I had:

<script type="text/javascript">

var j = jQuery.noConflict();

j(document).ready(function () {

j('#slider').nivoSlider();

});

</script>

This was needed due to issues we were having with APEX and jQuery.  In removing that code, all the charts show up as they are suppose to.  So the overall conflict was the ready call.  That killed the charts.  So the upgraded APEX as noted uses more javascript so there is a need to make sure other javascript calls do not conflict with each other.