2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 9:50 PM by 4cb325ae-db47-484b-ae31-b905283b2063 RSS

Best design suggestions to display the combined data from REST web services and application specific?

4cb325ae-db47-484b-ae31-b905283b2063

Hi

We are using ADF 11.1.1.6.  Would like to know the best approaches to display the combined view of data  from Webservices and Application Specific in a single  table. 

Do I have to manually aggregate the data from the Web service and Application and create data control out of that? (Service data + BC data).  Some design level suggestion please?

Thanks

Aruna

• 1. Re: Best design suggestions to display the combined data from REST web services and application specific?
          Timo Hahn

The framework doesn't have a tray to go solution for that.

The first question to ask is where you need the data mixed and what you plan to do with it. My first idea would be to try a programmatic vo which uses the data from the service and from the application to build a vo where both are mixed.

Another approach would be to create a array of attributes from both and build a list from it which you use in the ui. Essentially it's the same as the first solution but transfers the data in a different way to the client.

Timo

• 2. Re: Best design suggestions to display the combined data from REST web services and application specific?
            4cb325ae-db47-484b-ae31-b905283b2063

Thanks you for your reply. An example Scenario is, I am having Employee Survey Application. For a logged in manager, the application gets all employees details under him along with the survey details with survey status.(Pending, submitted, overdue etc…)

The Employee details like first name and last name and other details would be coming from Web service for which backend would be people soft, SAP etc....  now I want to merge this webservice data with the survey status and other survey related information and display tabular fashion where manger can sort the data while viewing. My ADF application only manages survey creation and other workflows related to survey.

I don't want create duplicate employee data in my application database

What would be the best approach?  anyone tips for such kind of use cases. Would like to if anyone handled similar use case

Thanks

Aruna