0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 10:42 AM by vasan_kps RSS

How do I do a partial refresh of a section of a page after I af:fileDownloadActionListener completes ?

Hi Folks,

I have a use case where I'll have to download some content to the local file system on click of a button.  I've used af:fileDownloadActionListener to accomplish the content download to a file.   Once I complete the download  and my handler completes running,  I want to do a partial refresh of a different section of the page.  I attempted doing a partial refresh  at the end of my fileDownloadActionListener handler method as follows, however it doesn't work.

Code Snippet:-

ComponentUI comp =FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().findComponentId("emT:selectone");

Can some one explain why the above approach doesn't work?  Also, I'd like to know how the above use case can be achieved?

Javascript way fails as well:

I wrote a javascript as follows in the .jspx

function queueValueChangeEvent()

var comp = AdfPage.PAGE.findComponent("emT:request_xml_choice_toggle");

AdfChangeEvent.queue(comp, "XML View", "Tree View", true);

and I tried invoking the javascript from the fileDownloadActionListener method as follows:-

ExtendedRenderKitService.class).addScript((FacesContext.getCurrentInstance(), "queueValueChangeEvent()" );

The above approach fails as well. Please help me to address the said use case..

Message was edited by: vasan_kps