4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2004 6:25 PM by KavithaSrinivasan

AQ or DB adapter

Hi,

Can anyone tell which adapter is preferred when integrating 2 Oracle database (version 9.2.0.4 and 8.1.7.4) with Interconnect.

Thanx in advance!

Kind regards,
      Mark Slooff

• 1. Re: AQ or DB adapter
          You can use both AQ and DB. It depends on your application.
          • 2. Re: AQ or DB adapter
            Dear all,

I am in a confusion,bcoz I had done all the installation and configuration of 9iAS interconnect.Even I had modeled in iStudio for a new customer event,that also successful.
            But how can I practicaly check whethere two databases are communicating or not.

My intention is if I enter a new customer in Database1 that should reflects in Database2.
            Plz....somebody help me or suggest me some URL's for practical deployment of interconnect

Regdz
            Rupesh
            • 3. Re: AQ or DB adapter
              Dear Rupesh,

If agent_log_level in your adapter.ini has the value 2 it will log every action in your log directory. Helps if your troubleshooting.

Mark
              • 4. Re: AQ or DB adapter
                KavithaSrinivasan
                Hello:

Question 1 on how to check if the Integration is indeed happening: Please refer to the Interconnect Usersguide (Part#:B10401_01- Chapter: Integration Scenario) and ensure that all deployment steps have been followed. (You might want to start a seperate thread if you want help with troubleshooting it)

Question 2 on choice of AQ vs DB adapters: while either can be used, please be aware that using the AQ adapter implies having to write msg handling routines (enqueue and dequeue).

Regards,
                Kavitha