This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 12:44 AM by 44c91a49-bf5a-497c-b816-a9dfea3bba59 RSS

Accessing the value of a [Input Text with LOV] in an ADF Query Panel

44c91a49-bf5a-497c-b816-a9dfea3bba59 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Good Morning,

I have a QUERY PANEL with id (queryId1) in which I filter data in a table based on some search criteria. The search is done based on an employee’s name.

I would like to take the value of this [Input Text with LOV] component and use it within a method (the method “myMethod” is in a bean called “myBean”). The method should also check for a NULL value. If no criteria have been entered, (in other words the value is NULL), an exception must be thrown. Otherwise a pop up must be displayed displaying the selected employee's name.

I should mention that I am rather new to ADF (1 month's experience!) but that I have been trying to get this functioning implemented for three days without any success. I have been all over the internet but perhaps my lack of understanding has been to my disadvantage. I was wondering if someone here could perhaps send me a link on how to do it, or explain to me, in depth how this can be done. I have also looked for tutorials on YouTube but have found none.

I am working with JDeveloper Version 11.1.2.1.0

I am not allowed to change the version currently.

Thank You In Advance!

Kind Regards

Riana

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points