2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 11:20 PM by Anand U RSS

Uploading new documents to a running workflow in WebCenter Content

sravan.kadaveru

Hi,

Just wanted to know... is it possible to upload new documents to a running workflow in WebCenter Content.

Example is: Lets say, a workflow is started by uploading a document and it went to next user for approval/rejection. Now, would it be possible for the user in next step to upload new document to the same workflow?

I strongly feel it is not possible. Can anybody please confirm or correct me.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Uploading new documents to a running workflow in WebCenter Content
          Srinath Menon-Oracle

Hi Sravan ,

Are you looking at having a new content item itself (as in a new entity) from a workflow ? I am not sure if that would be possible since when a WF starts for a document , it is for that particular context .You can replace the existing item which initially was uploaded .

Thanks,

Srinath

• 2. Re: Uploading new documents to a running workflow in WebCenter Content
            Anand U

Hi Sravan,

This is how it works, when a content is in a workflow step the approver can edit the content and replace it with an edited content for further steps (provided the workkflow step allows edit) and this edited document will be release when it comes out of the workflow. The other possibility is when a user (need not be approver of a step) creates a new revision of the same content whose latest revision is already in a workflow, this is possible and both revisions will be in the workflow, although the recent revision (now the latest revision) gets precedence and will be available for search.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

- Anand