If you can let know.. what is the computer name of your system.?
Great question. I guess, dash might be a problem. The name was 'vp-hyp', now I renamed it to hyperionDRM and reinstalling DRM.
Now I came to the bottom of this... The problem was not in the server name, but in the fact that IP adress for the server has changed, however DRM still tried to connect to the obsolete address. I guess due to some defect in DRM installation program, it did not make appropriate changes to the address stored in drm-config.xml when I removed old installation and installed DRM anew. Once I changed the address in the file, it fixed the problem. What a shame!
Ideally we shouldn't be manually editing the contents of config file, But I need to check how DRM picks up a change in the IP address.