3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 12:34 PM by 970829 RSS

How to dynamically change the value of a column in a report

Hi, I am new to APEX and I have a small requirement. I have a report in a page which I am getting from a query. Report will always have only one record. I need to change one column value of this report from the value received from another page. I was able to send the value from another page to my reports page to a hidden page item, but I am not sure how I can set this value received to that column in the report. Is this possible? If so can someone help with this?

• 1. Re: How to dynamically change the value of a column in a report
          fac586

970829 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "970829".

Hi, I am new to APEX and I have a small requirement. I have a report in a page which I am getting from a query. Report will always have only one record. I need to change one column value of this report from the value received from another page. I was able to send the value from another page to my reports page to a hidden page item, but I am not sure how I can set this value received to that column in the report. Is this possible? If so can someone help with this?

Not really clear exactly what it is you're trying to achieve. You want to replace the value of one column in the report with the value of a page item? If so, simply replace the column in the report query with a reference to the required page item:

select
             empno
          , ename
          , job
          , :p2_sal sal -- Replace value of sal column with value of P2_SAL item
          from
             emp

• 2. Re: How to dynamically change the value of a column in a report

Hi Thanks for your reply. I updated my user name. Told it would take 6 hrs to reflect the change. I was able to refer the Page item. My page item is a select list and I am facing a new issue here. I have a button in my region which when clicked will call a process. This process takes the current value of my page item as a parameter. However, when I select a value from the Select list and click on done, the page item is still submitting the earlier value, it is not getting updated with the value I selected in the choice list. Can you tell me how I can get the page item value to be updated with the value I selected from the choice list?

• 3. Re: How to dynamically change the value of a column in a report
              fac586

970829 wrote:

Hi Thanks for your reply. I updated my user name. Told it would take 6 hrs to reflect the change. I was able to refer the Page item. My page item is a select list and I am facing a new issue here.

Please stick to one topic per thread. If the original question is answered, close this thread and create another one for the new issue.