6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2013 11:46 AM by Christian Erlinger

connect forms 10g via phone number

KhaledFarouk

Hello

forms version: 10g.

database version: 10.0.2.

i'm working on project which needs when the customer calls via phone the customer data appears to the user  .

so how could i do this task ?

is there a specific hardware needed to connect the phone with the database ?

what about coding needed ?

Thx all

Respectfully

Khaled Farouk

• 1. Re: connect forms 10g via phone number
          KhaledFarouk

after blocking the my new discussion is there any help in his one

specially from rukbat .

Respectfully

Khaled Farouk

• 2. Re: connect forms 10g via phone number

KhaledFarouk wrote:

after blocking the my new discussion is there any help in his one

specially from rukbat .

Respectfully

Khaled Farouk

Not from me.

I have absolutely no skills with this topic.

I locked your new post because it duplicated this first post.   Multi-posting is poor forum etiquette.

This is a Community forum web site.  That means everyone chooses to participate as an individual.   This isn't a way to get to official technical support (that's why it is free to join the forums).  You will get a response if someone chooses to respond.

• 3. Re: connect forms 10g via phone number
              KhaledFarouk

thanks  for clarifying

but after 12 days of no response on the first post . i decided to change the post title . it maybe clearly of the old one.

so it would be better in this case to ask about if i need the old post or the new post.

thanks again for your clarifying .

Waiting For Assistant From experts.

Respectfully

Khaled Farouk

• 4. Re: connect forms 10g via phone number
                Christian Erlinger

How would you get that Phone Number from your Phone? If there is a Interface to tap into your phone on the client which a lot of VOIP phones have then the easiest way would be to integrate this via a Java Bean; however I guess if you have a lot of different phones from different vendors in your company this might be hard as I guess the Interface on how to "talk" to your phones is different from vendor to vendor.

So before you could ask on how to integrate your Phone with a forms application you should find out on how to get the informations you need from your phone. Once you have that information we might be able to help you.

cheers

• 5. Re: connect forms 10g via phone number
                  KhaledFarouk

Hello  christian Erlinger

I'm  talking about the normal connection of phone using the fax modem (old generation) . not a VOIP one.

if there is any idea about how to get this information it will be great .

thx

• 6. Re: connect forms 10g via phone number
                    Christian Erlinger

As said this would depend on your phones. This has nothing to do with forms whatsoever; try to contact the vendor of your phones and ask them how to retrieve the informations you need.

Then you can take the next step and feed this information to forms.

cheers