4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2013 11:55 PM by user598419 RSS

Identify programs using UTL FILE DIR location

user598419

Hi All,

We are looking to migrate utl_file_dir entries from database parameter file to dba_directories. In this process, i need to identify the EBS programs accessing utl_file_dir?

E.G i have utl_file_dir entry '/u01/app/oracle/webplan', can i know which programs currently using this location?

One way i could think is, search dba_source table - select * from dba_source where text like '%/u01/app/oracle/webplan%'.

Please suggest.

EBS - 11.5.10.2 and DB - 11.2.0.3

regards,
      rajesh

• 1. Re: Identify programs using UTL FILE DIR location
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

I believe utl_file_dir is not hard-coded in EBS code and there is not way to determine which programs use this init parameter.

What's the point of determining the programs? You can simply change the value of utl_file_dir as long as you meet the requirements in the following docs and this shouldn't impact the functionality of the programs which use this parameter.

Difference between APPLPTMP and APPLTMP Directories in EBS (Doc ID 1355735.1)

Concurrent Processing - Troubleshooting Concurrent Request ORA-20100 errors in the request logs (Doc ID 261693.1)

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Identify programs using UTL FILE DIR location
            user598419

We have too many UTL directories(200+) specified. Tyring to migrate them to DBA directory and identify the corresponding programs using it. So that we can replace them with DBA directory name instead of the physical path.

I am not sure of the EBS programs are hard-coded with physical path, may be it can be passed as a parameter value to concurrent program.

• 3. Re: Identify programs using UTL FILE DIR location
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

user598419 wrote:

We have too many UTL directories(200+) specified. Tyring to migrate them to DBA directory and identify the corresponding programs using it. So that we can replace them with DBA directory name instead of the physical path.

I am not sure of the EBS programs are hard-coded with physical path, may be it can be passed as a parameter value to concurrent program.

Are you referring to custom concurrent programs or seeded ones?

Seeded concurrent programs don't have any of the values hard-coded, and as I mentioned above I believe there is no way to identify this list. For your custom concurrent programs you will need to check your documentation or contact the development team to identify the list.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: Identify programs using UTL FILE DIR location
                user598419

Thanks Sawwan. I should check both seeded and custom programs for utl_file_dir usage. As confirmed by you, so far i haven't noticed any seeded program having utl_filr_dir hardcoded.

For custom programs i had started with fnd_conc_req_summary_v table for argument_text, got around 150 custom concurrent programs which are using utl_file_dir entry as one of parameters being passed. By this way i am mapping custom concurrent programs against each utl_file_dir entry which have to be validated/cross checked by development team.

I am also checking column enabled_flag in fnd_concurrent_programs_vl for disabled programs not in use.