4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 7:18 AM by Sarvesh_n RSS

Converting Postscript Standard Reports To PDF

Sarvesh_n

Hi All,

We are trying to convert the below two standard reports which have Output Format as "Postscript" to "PDF". When we try to change this as "PDF" in the concurrent program output format and print the report  it throws an error while printing.

Program Name: Print Purchase Orders
      Short Name: POXPPO

Program Name: Printed Purchase Order Report(Portrait)
      Short Name: POXPRPOP

Please let me know how to change the output format to PDF so that it prints successfully.

Instance Details:

EBS 11.5.10.2

Oracle DB 11.2.0.3.0

IBM AIX 5.1

Thanks,
      Sarvesh

• 1. Re: Converting Postscript Standard Reports To PDF
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

What is the error you get?

Please see the following docs.

How To Customize The PDF Output For Printed Purchase Order Report (Portrait) ? (Doc ID 374165.1)

Guide to Solve ORA-XXXXX Issues in Procurement (Doc ID 1522654.1)

R12 : Printed Purchase Order Report (Portrait/Landscape) XML Fails with NullPointerException Error (Doc ID 1129073.1)

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Converting Postscript Standard Reports To PDF
            Sarvesh_n

Hi Hussein,

Thank you very much for your reply. We have the Pasta configuration setup correctly but When i change the output format from "Postscript" to "PDF" for the below program, i can view the output in PDF from the browser but when i choose the printer and submit the request it does not print and just gets stuck. Whereas in Postscript format it prints fine.
            So, Please let me know how can i generally change the reports with output format as "Postscript" to "PDF" and still get it printed.
            Thanks,
            Sarvesh
            • 3. Re: Converting Postscript Standard Reports To PDF
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Hi Sarvesh,

Can you please print the concurrent request output file from the OS and see if it works?

Can you print other concurrent requests with PDF output from the application using the same printer with no issues?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: Converting Postscript Standard Reports To PDF
                Sarvesh_n

Hi Hussein,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the delay in responding as we were trying different options.

We have Pasta configured and some Standard Invoice Reports whose output format changed from "Postscript" to "PDF" prints fine. We have issue printing the below program in pdf.

But when we try to print the same PDF output file generated from the concurrent program directly from the server using the below command it prints fine.
                >FNDPSTAX -pnBNAD31MFD1131 -fo21656352.out -c1 -Fpasta_pdf_land.cfg

Thanks,
                Sarvesh