This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2013 4:20 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Upgradation

D1990 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

We are using EBS Application(11.5.10.2) on 9i(9.2.0.6.0) database on 32 bit linux OS.It's working fine here.

Now i need to migrate them to 64 bit linux OS. If there is a way to do so,please help me to do this job.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable suggestions and solutions.

• 1. Re: Upgradation
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

DavisKavin wrote:

Hi,

We are using EBS Application(11.5.10.2) on 9i(9.2.0.6.0) database on 32 bit linux OS.It's working fine here.

Now i need to migrate them to 64 bit linux OS. If there is a way to do so,please help me to do this job.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable suggestions and solutions.

You can't migrate the application tier node since 11i apps tier is not certified on 64-bit Linux OS -- Frequently Asked Questions: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on x86-64 (Doc ID 343917.1)

To move the database to 64-bit OS, use Rapid Clone -- Please refer to the same doc referenced above, "How do I migrate an existing Oracle E-Business Suite database to x86-64?" section.

If you want to migrate the database to 64-bit, please see (Using Oracle Applications with a Split Configuration Database Tier on Oracle 9i Release 2 (Doc ID 304489.1)), "(Option B) Migrate Linux 32-bit database to Linux Itanium or Linux x86-64".

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Upgradation
    D1990 Newbie

Hi Hussein,

Thank you very much for your help. 

• 3. Re: Upgradation
    D1990 Newbie

Hi Hussein,

I have one doubt,In my test server I am having Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga). First move the database to 64 bit and can i issue linux32 bash command and then start my application in test server,so that i can have both DB and APPL in one server. If i am wrong please can u make me understand what's the mistake.I am waiting for your reply,pls reply ASAP

• 4. Re: Upgradation
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

D1990 wrote:

Hi Hussein,

I have one doubt,In my test server I am having Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga). First move the database to 64 bit and can i issue linux32 bash command and then start my application in test server,so that i can have both DB and APPL in one server. If i am wrong please can u make me understand what's the mistake.I am waiting for your reply,pls reply ASAP

This is not supported for 11i apps tier node unless you install 32-bit Linux OS.

Thanks,

Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points