1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 11:40 AM by EdStevens Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7

user10312990

Hello,

I too am facing a similar issue while installing Oracle 12c Datbaase on a Virtual box machine with Windows 2008 R2 OS Image.

Cause - Failed to access the temporary location.

Action - Ensure that the current user has required permissions to access the temporary location.

Additional Information: 

- Framework setup check failed on all the nodes
      - Cause: Cause Of Problem Not Available
      - Action: User Action Not Available
      Summary of the failed nodes
      ntejani-vbox2
      - Version of exectask could not be retrieved from node "ntejani-vbox2"

My HOst machine is windows 7 and I have allocated 4GB of physical memory and 4 Processors to the  Virtual Machine.

I believe this is a decent config for Oracle 12c Database. M also logging on to this system with a Admin Rights User and invoking the Installation using this User.

Earlier I had Oracle 11g Database installed on this along with Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.

Recently I wanted to upgrade to Oracle 12c Database for which my multiple upgrade attempts failed with the above error. So I thought the system might be requiring some minimum. spare on the C Drive.

I decided to go ahead with Oracle 11g De-install and further attempted to install 12c Database. However the problem still persists .

Any help and clues on how to Resolve this issue is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nayan Tejani

+91 98333 02666

• 1. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
          Srini Chavali-Oracle

Which version of Win 7 ? Supported versions are documented in the Install Guide - are you following all of the steps in the Install Guide ?

• 2. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
            user10312990

Hi Srini,

Its now Windows 7. My VM has a Windows 2008 R2 OS. Also I checked for install guide. i trust this is supported version for 12c

Kindly guide if any other pre-requisite checks i need to do..

also before running the setup, i do also execute the "net use" command on the command prompt and I get command successfully completed status

~~~~~

C:\Users\NTEJANI>net use \\localhost\C$\Windows\Temp

Local name

Remote name       \\localhost\C$\Windows\Temp

Resource type     Disk

Status            OK

# Opens           0

# Connections     1

The command completed successfully.

~~~

• 3. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
              user10312990

Sorry for the delayed response.. It took time to track my response,,only now sometime did i discover that my response was branched out.. my bad of hijacking the other thread..

• 4. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                EdStevens

user10312990 wrote:

Hi Srini,

Its now Windows 7. My VM has a Windows 2008 R2 OS. Also I checked for install guide. i trust this is supported version for 12c

If you are trying to install on the VM, the OS of the host (Win 7) is not a consideration.

Kindly guide if any other pre-requisite checks i need to do..

All pre-reqs are spelled out in the relevant Installation Guide.

also before running the setup, i do also execute the "net use" command on the command prompt and I get command successfully completed status

~~~~~

C:\Users\NTEJANI>net use \\localhost\C$\Windows\Temp

Local name

Remote name       \\localhost\C$\Windows\Temp

Resource type     Disk

Status            OK

# Opens           0

# Connections     1

The command completed successfully.

And what was the purpose of that?  "localhost" doesn't mean the host os in a vm setup, it means 'myself'.

~~~

• 5. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle

Oops - Ed is correct - I misread your post - if you are using a supported OS in the VM and are following the instructions in the Install Guide, you should not be encountering these errors. Can you post the contents of the install log file ? Troubleshooting the Oracle Database Installation

MOS Doc 1580119.1 seems to be related to your issue. What exactly are you installing in the VM ? Was there a previous successful or failed install attempt on this VM ?

This thread may be helpful - 12c Client: How to Resolve Error [INS-30131] on Win7 x64 Install?

• 6. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                    user10312990

Hi

I tried options as mentioned above including adding Aministative shares as mentioned onhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/314984

still the installation fails with the same error as mentioned above

any other alternatives?

Regards.

Nayan

• 7. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                      user10312990

Sorry missed to put across the error log. here it is from the recently failed installation

~~~

Using paramFile: E:\Oracle12cDatabase\database\install\oraparam.ini

Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors.    Actual 4294967296    Passed

The commandline for unzip:

E:\Oracle12cDatabase\database\install\unzip -qqqo ..\stage\Components\oracle.jdk\1.6.0.37.0\1\DataFiles/"*.jar" -d "E:\TEMP\OraInstall2013-09-04_07-16-57AM" INFO: Loading data from: jar:file:/E:/TEMP/OraInstall2013-09-04_07-16-57AM/ext/jlib/installcommons_1.0.0b.jar!/oracle/install/driver/oui/resource/ConfigCommandMappings.xml

INFO: Loading beanstore from jar:file:/E:/TEMP/OraInstall2013-09-04_07-16-57AM/ext/jlib/installcommons_1.0.0b.jar!/oracle/install/driver/oui/resource/ConfigCommandMappings.xml

INFO: Restoring class oracle.install.driver.oui.ConfigCmdMappings from jar:file:/E:/TEMP/OraInstall2013-09-04_07-16-57AM/ext/jlib/installcommons_1.0.0b.jar!/oracle/install/driver/oui/resource/ConfigCommandMappings.xml

INFO: Loading beans from Xml Bean Store. [BeanStoreName:config-data]

INFO: Setting value for the property:id in the bean:configcmd

INFO: Setting value for the property:platformcmdmap in the bean:configcmd

INFO: Setting value for the property:configcmds in the bean:configcmdmappings

INFO: Inventory exists: true

INFO: oraInst.loc does not exist

INFO: Gathering system details...

INFO: Registering setup bean

INFO: Building Flow

INFO: No global condition definition found.

INFO: Building the flow graph

INFO: Loaded state AutoUpdatesOptionsUI

INFO: Loaded state UpdatesListUI

INFO: Loaded state finishupdates

INFO: Building the flow graph

INFO: Loaded state prepInstall

INFO: Loaded state decideOCMInstall

INFO: Loaded state autoupdatesDecider

INFO: Loaded state preAutoUpdates

INFO: Loaded state AutoUpdatesOptionsUI

INFO: Loaded state UpdatesListUI

INFO: Loaded state supportedOSCheck

INFO: Loaded state getOCMDetails

INFO: Loaded state mtsDialog

INFO: Loaded state installOptions

INFO: Loaded state getWindowsSecureOptionDetails

INFO: Loaded state getSystemClass

INFO: Loaded state DBTypeSelectionPage

INFO: Loaded state RACDBTypeSelectionPage

INFO: Loaded state nodeSelectionPage

INFO: Loaded state upgradeValidation

INFO: Loaded state installType

INFO: Loaded state quickInstallPage

INFO: Loaded state productLanguage

INFO: Loaded state inventoryPage

INFO: Loaded state getOracleHome

INFO: Loaded state dbEdition

INFO: Loaded state configurationType

INFO: Loaded state dbIdentifier

INFO: Loaded state configurationOption

INFO: Loaded state managementOption

INFO: Loaded state storageOption

INFO: Loaded state recoveryOption

INFO: Loaded state selectASMDiskGroups

INFO: Loaded state schemaPasswordDialog

INFO: Loaded state getPrivilegedOSGroups

INFO: Loaded state prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: Loaded state performChecks

INFO: Loaded state showSummary

INFO: Loaded state setup

INFO: Loaded state finish

INFO: Linking states

INFO: State[AutoUpdatesOptionsUI]: route=NO_AUTO_UPDATES; to=supportedOSCheck

INFO: State[AutoUpdatesOptionsUI]: route=success; to=UpdatesListUI

INFO: State[DBTypeSelectionPage]: route=rac_dbcreate; to=RACDBTypeSelectionPage

INFO: State[DBTypeSelectionPage]: route=rac_no_dbcreate; to=nodeSelectionPage

INFO: State[DBTypeSelectionPage]: route=si_dbcreate; to=installType

INFO: State[DBTypeSelectionPage]: route=si_no_dbcreate; to=productLanguage

INFO: State[RACDBTypeSelectionPage]: route=admin; to=nodeSelectionPage

INFO: State[RACDBTypeSelectionPage]: route=policy; to=installType

INFO: State[UpdatesListUI]: route=success; to=supportedOSCheck

INFO: State[autoupdatesDecider]: route=AUTO_UPDATES_DISABLE; to=supportedOSCheck

INFO: State[autoupdatesDecider]: route=AUTO_UPDATES_STATE_SKIP; to=supportedOSCheck

INFO: State[autoupdatesDecider]: route=success; to=preAutoUpdates

INFO: State[configurationOption]: route=success; to=storageOption

INFO: State[configurationType]: route=success; to=dbIdentifier

INFO: State[dbEdition]: route=oraclehome_location; to=getWindowsSecureOptionDetails

INFO: State[dbIdentifier]: route=success; to=configurationOption

INFO: State[decideOCMInstall]: route=ignoreOCM; to=autoupdatesDecider

INFO: State[decideOCMInstall]: route=requireOCM; to=getOCMDetails

INFO: State[getOCMDetails]: route=success; to=mtsDialog

INFO: State[getOracleHome]: route=advanced_yes_createDB_yes; to=configurationType

INFO: State[getOracleHome]: route=advanced_yes_inventory_no; to=inventoryPage

INFO: State[getOracleHome]: route=advanced_yes_softwareDB_yes; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: State[getOracleHome]: route=advanced_yes_upgrade_yes; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: State[getPrivilegedOSGroups]: route=success; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: State[getSystemClass]: route=desktop_class_yes; to=getWindowsSecureOptionDetails

INFO: State[getSystemClass]: route=server_class_yes; to=DBTypeSelectionPage

INFO: State[getWindowsSecureOptionDetails]: route=basic_yes; to=quickInstallPage

INFO: State[getWindowsSecureOptionDetails]: route=desktop_class_yes; to=quickInstallPage

INFO: State[getWindowsSecureOptionDetails]: route=success; to=getOracleHome

INFO: State[installOptions]: route=advanced_yes_softwareDB_yes; to=DBTypeSelectionPage

INFO: State[installOptions]: route=migrate_yes_clusterware_no; to=upgradeValidation

INFO: State[installOptions]: route=migrate_yes_clusterware_yes; to=DBTypeSelectionPage

INFO: State[installOptions]: route=system_class; to=getSystemClass

INFO: State[installType]: route=advanced_yes; to=productLanguage

INFO: State[installType]: route=basic_yes; to=getWindowsSecureOptionDetails

INFO: State[inventoryPage]: route=advanced_yes_createDB_yes; to=configurationType

INFO: State[inventoryPage]: route=advanced_yes_softwareDB_yes; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: State[inventoryPage]: route=basic_yes; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: Condition of state[inventoryPage]: route=advanced_yes_createDB_yes; to=configurationType

INFO: Condition of state[inventoryPage]: route=advanced_yes_softwareDB_yes; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: Condition of state[inventoryPage]: route=basic_yes; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: State[managementOption]: route=success; to=recoveryOption

INFO: State[mtsDialog]: route=success; to=autoupdatesDecider

INFO: State[nodeSelectionPage]: route=create_and_configureDB; to=installType

INFO: State[nodeSelectionPage]: route=software_onlyDB; to=productLanguage

INFO: State[nodeSelectionPage]: route=upgradeDB; to=upgradeValidation

INFO: State[performChecks]: route=success; to=showSummary

INFO: State[preAutoUpdates]: route=success; to=AutoUpdatesOptionsUI

INFO: State[prepInstall]: route=DOWNLOAD_UPDATES_ONLY; to=AutoUpdatesOptionsUI

INFO: State[prepInstall]: route=success; to=decideOCMInstall

INFO: State[prereqExecutionDecider]: route=executeprereqs; to=performChecks

INFO: State[prereqExecutionDecider]: route=ignoreprereqs; to=showSummary

INFO: State[productLanguage]: route=productlanguage_yes; to=dbEdition

INFO: State[quickInstallPage]: route=basic_yes_inventory_no; to=inventoryPage

INFO: State[quickInstallPage]: route=basic_yes_inventory_yes; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: State[recoveryOption]: route=asm_chosen_asm_not_present; to=schemaPasswordDialog

INFO: State[recoveryOption]: route=asm_chosen_asm_present; to=selectASMDiskGroups

INFO: State[recoveryOption]: route=asm_not_chosen; to=schemaPasswordDialog

INFO: State[schemaPasswordDialog]: route=success; to=prereqExecutionDecider

INFO: State[selectASMDiskGroups]: route=success; to=schemaPasswordDialog

INFO: State[setup]: route=success; to=finish

INFO: State[showSummary]: route=success; to=setup

INFO: State[storageOption]: route=success; to=managementOption

INFO: State[supportedOSCheck]: route=success; to=installOptions

INFO: State[upgradeValidation]: route=success; to=productLanguage

INFO: State[AutoUpdatesOptionsUI]: route=NO_AUTO_UPDATES; to=finishupdates

INFO: State[AutoUpdatesOptionsUI]: route=success; to=UpdatesListUI

INFO: State[UpdatesListUI]: route=DOWNLOAD_UPDATES_FINISHED; to=finishupdates

INFO: Successfully built the flow

INFO: Opening bean stores from which the beans can be loaded

INFO: Loading beanstore from a given input stream

WARNING: Unable to create xml tag for the key:CommonProgramFiles(x86)

WARNING: Unable to create xml tag for the key:ProgramFiles(x86)

INFO: Translating external format into raw format

INFO: Loading flow data beans

INFO: Loading beans from Properties Bean Store. [BeanStoreName:beanstore]

INFO: Setting value for the property:DBInstallSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:CentralInventorySettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_autoupdates_myOracleSupportCredentials in the bean:AutoUpdatesInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_autoupdates_httpProxySettings in the bean:AutoUpdatesInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:AutoUpdatesInstallSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:OCMSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:WindowsSecureOptionSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:RootConfigurationSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Loading beans from Xml Bean Store. [BeanStoreName:beanstore]

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_StorageType in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_UseFileSystemForRecovery in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_UseSamePassword in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_ConfigTabSelected in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_CharSetOption in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_InstallOptionSelected in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_managementOption in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_db_SuperAdminPasswords in the bean:DBInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:DBInstallSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:CentralInventorySettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_autoupdates_myOracleSupportCredentials in the bean:AutoUpdatesInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:oracle_install_autoupdates_httpProxySettings in the bean:AutoUpdatesInstallSettings

INFO: Setting value for the property:AutoUpdatesInstallSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:OCMSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Setting value for the property:WindowsSecureOptionSettings in the bean:DBSetupBean

INFO: Set value for bean DBSetupBean

INFO: Closing bean stores from which the beans can be loaded

INFO: Registering the flow views

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.commons.base.interview.common.view.PrereqGUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.commons.base.interview.common.view.PrereqGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [PrereqUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.commons.base.interview.common.view.SummaryGUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.commons.base.interview.common.view.SummaryGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [SummaryUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.commons.base.interview.common.view.SetupGUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.commons.base.interview.common.view.SetupGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [SetupUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.InventoryUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.InventoryUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [InventoryUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.ProductLanguageGUI viewId: ProductLanguageUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.ProductLanguageGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [ProductLanguageUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.OCMDetailsGUI viewId: OCMDetailsUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.OCMDetailsGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [OCMDetailsUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ConfigurationTypeUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ConfigurationTypeUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [ConfigurationTypeUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.DBIdentifierUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.DBIdentifierUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [DBIdentifierUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ConfigurationOptionsUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ConfigurationOptionsUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [ConfigurationOptionsUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.StorageOptionsUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.StorageOptionsUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [StorageOptionsUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.RecoveryBackupUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.RecoveryBackupUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [RecoveryBackupUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ManagementOptionsUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ManagementOptionsUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [ManagementOptionsUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ASMDiskGroupSelectionGUI viewId: ASMDiskGroupSelectionUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.ASMDiskGroupSelectionGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [ASMDiskGroupSelectionUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.SchemaPasswordUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.SchemaPasswordUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [SchemaPasswordUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.QuickInstallUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.QuickInstallUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [QuickInstallUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.InstallOptionsUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.InstallOptionsUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [InstallOptionsUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.WindowsSecureOptionUI viewId: WindowsSecureOptionUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.WindowsSecureOptionUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [WindowsSecureOptionUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.SystemClassUI viewId: SystemClassUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.SystemClassUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [SystemClassUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.InstallLocationUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.InstallLocationUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [InstallLocationUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.DBEditionGUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.DBEditionGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [DBEditionUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.NodeSelectionUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.NodeSelectionUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [NodeSelectionUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.DBTypeSelectionGUI viewId: DBTypeSelectionUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.DBTypeSelectionGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [DBTypeSelectionUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.RACDBTypeSelectionGUI viewId: RACDBTypeSelectionUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.RACDBTypeSelectionGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [RACDBTypeSelectionUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.FinishUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.FinishUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [FinishUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.PrivilegedOSGroupsGUI viewId: null uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.PrivilegedOSGroupsGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [PrivilegedOSGroupsUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.InstallTypeGUI viewId: installTypeUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.db.view.InstallTypeGUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [installTypeUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.AutoUpdatesOptionsUI viewId: AutoUpdatesOptionsUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.AutoUpdatesOptionsUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [AutoUpdatesOptionsUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.UpdatesListUI viewId: UpdatesListUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.UpdatesListUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [UpdatesListUI]

INFO: Adding View[type: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.FinishUpdatesUI viewId: FinishUpdatesUI uiType: null]

INFO: oracle.install.ivw.common.view.FinishUpdatesUI added to View Type Registry with the key as [FinishUpdatesUI]

INFO: Initial values of Setup Properties :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROPERTY                                               VALUE                                     

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoUpdatesInstallSettings                             oracle.install.ivw.common.bean.AutoUpdates

InstallSettings@78216b59                  

CLUSTER_NODES                                          {}                                        

COLLECTOR_IGNORE_CONFIGURATION                         false                                     

COLLECTOR_IGNORE_FAILURES                              false                                     

COLLECTOR_RESPONSE_FILE                                                                          

CentralInventorySettings                               oracle.install.ivw.common.bean.CentralInve

ntorySettings@3241b635                    

DBInstallSettings                                      oracle.install.ivw.db.bean.DBInstallSettin

gs@1f635484                               

DECLINE_SECURITY_UPDATES                               false                                     

FROM_LOCATION                                          E:\Oracle12cDatabase\database\install\../s

tage/products.xml                         

INSTALL_TYPE                                           EE                                        

MYORACLESUPPORT_PASSWORD                               *Protected value, not to be logged*       

MYORACLESUPPORT_USERNAME                                                                         

OCMSettings                                            oracle.install.ivw.common.bean.OCMSettings

@3fd83cf4                                 

ORACLE_BASE                                                                                      

ORACLE_HOME                                                                                      

ORACLE_HOSTNAME                                        NTEJANI-VBOX2                             

PROXY_HOST                                                                                       

PROXY_PORT                                                                                       

PROXY_PWD                                              *Protected value, not to be logged*       

PROXY_USER                                                                                       

RootConfigurationSettings                              oracle.install.ivw.common.bean.RootConfigu

rationSettings@54be8c3e                   

SECURITY_UPDATES_VIA_MYORACLESUPPORT                   true                                      

SELECTED_LANGUAGES                                     {"en"}                                    

UNIX_GROUP_NAME                                                                                  

WindowsSecureOptionSettings                            oracle.install.ivw.common.bean.WindowsSecu

reOptionSettings@d89d7eb                  

b_rdbmsInstall                                         true                                      

oracle.install.db.isCCRAuthenticationUsed              false                                     

oracle_install_IsBuiltInAccount                        false                                     

oracle_install_IsOracleServiceUserExists               false                                     

oracle_install_LaunchNetCA                             false                                     

oracle_install_NoMigration                             false                                     

oracle_install_OCR_PartitionLocation                                                             

oracle_install_ProductName                                                                       

oracle_install_RACInstall                              false                                     

oracle_install_RDBMSInstalling                         true                                      

oracle_install_autoupdates_httpProxyPort               0                                         

oracle_install_autoupdates_httpProxySettings           oracle.install.ivw.common.bean.HttpProxySe

ttings@5fb7565                            

oracle_install_autoupdates_myOracleSupportCredentials  oracle.install.ivw.common.bean.MyOracleSup

portSettings@5a0eddac                     

oracle_install_db_ASMSNMPUserPassword                  *Protected value, not to be logged*       

oracle_install_db_AutoMemoryOption                     false                                     

oracle_install_db_CharSetOption                        3                                         

oracle_install_db_CharacterSet                                                                   

oracle_install_db_ConfigTabSelected                    0                                         

oracle_install_db_ConfigurationType                    &General Purpose / Transaction Processing 

oracle_install_db_ConfigureAsContainerDB               false                                     

oracle_install_db_DiskGroupName                                                                  

oracle_install_db_DiskGroupNameForASM                                                            

oracle_install_db_EnableAutoBackup                     false                                     

oracle_install_db_InstallEdition                       EE                                        

oracle_install_db_InstallOption                        INSTALL_DB_AND_CONFIG                     

oracle_install_db_InstallOptionSelected                1                                         

oracle_install_db_InstallType                          EE                                        

oracle_install_db_LaunchDBCA                           false                                     

oracle_install_db_LaunchODMA                           false                                     

oracle_install_db_LoadExampleSchemas                   false                                     

oracle_install_db_MountPointLocation                                                             

oracle_install_db_QuickInstallOption                   false                                     

oracle_install_db_RecoveryBackUpLocation                                                         

oracle_install_db_SID                                                                            

oracle_install_db_ServerPoolCardinality                0                                         

oracle_install_db_SetOracleBase                        false                                     

oracle_install_db_SkipHARegistration                   false                                     

oracle_install_db_StarterDatabaseType                  GENERAL_PURPOSE                           

oracle_install_db_StorageType                          0                                         

oracle_install_db_SuperAdminPasswords                  *Protected value, not to be logged*       

oracle_install_db_SuperAdminSamePasswdForAll           *Protected value, not to be logged*       

oracle_install_db_SystemClass                          DESKTOP_CLASS                             

oracle_install_db_Type                                 1                                         

oracle_install_db_UseFileSystemForRecovery             false                                     

oracle_install_db_UseSamePassword                      false                                     

oracle_install_db_isRACOneInstall                      false                                     

oracle_install_db_managementOption                     DEFAULT                                   

oracle_install_db_omsPort                              0                                         

oracle_install_db_racOneServiceName                                                              

oracle_install_rootConfiguration_ExecuteRootScript     false                                     

INFO: Launching Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Installer

INFO: Started executing the flow in INTERACTIVE mode

INFO: Waiting for completion of background operations

INFO: Finishing all forked tasks at state prepInstall

INFO: Waiting for completion all forked tasks at state prepInstall

INFO: All forked task are completed at state prepInstall

INFO: Completed background operations

INFO: Executing action at state prepInstall

INFO: Completed executing action at state <prepInstall>

INFO: Moved to state <prepInstall>

INFO: Validating view at state <prepInstall>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <prepInstall>

INFO: Validating state <prepInstall>

WARNING: Validation disabled for the state prepInstall

INFO: Completed validating state <prepInstall>

INFO: Verifying route success

INFO: Executing action at state decideOCMInstall

INFO: Completed executing action at state <decideOCMInstall>

INFO: Moved to state <decideOCMInstall>

INFO: Validating view at state <decideOCMInstall>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <decideOCMInstall>

INFO: Validating state <decideOCMInstall>

WARNING: Validation disabled for the state decideOCMInstall

INFO: Completed validating state <decideOCMInstall>

INFO: Verifying route requireOCM

INFO: Get view named [OCMDetailsUI]

INFO: View for [OCMDetailsUI] is oracle.install.ivw.common.view.OCMDetailsGUI@e235e9d

INFO: Initializing view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Completed initializing view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Displaying view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Completed displaying view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Loading view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Completed loading view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Localizing view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Completed localizing view <OCMDetailsUI> at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Executing action at state getOCMDetails

INFO: Completed executing action at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Moved to state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Validating view at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Validating state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Completed validating state <getOCMDetails>

INFO: Executing action at state mtsDialog

INFO: Completed executing action at state <mtsDialog>

INFO: Moved to state <mtsDialog>

INFO: Validating view at state <mtsDialog>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <mtsDialog>

INFO: Validating state <mtsDialog>

INFO: Completed validating state <mtsDialog>

INFO: Executing action at state autoupdatesDecider

INFO: Completed executing action at state <autoupdatesDecider>

INFO: Moved to state <autoupdatesDecider>

INFO: Validating view at state <autoupdatesDecider>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <autoupdatesDecider>

INFO: Validating state <autoupdatesDecider>

WARNING: Validation disabled for the state autoupdatesDecider

INFO: Completed validating state <autoupdatesDecider>

INFO: Reading shiphome metadata from E:\Oracle12cDatabase\database\install\..\stage\shiphomeproperties.xml

INFO: Loading beanstore from file:/E:/Oracle12cDatabase/database/install/../stage/shiphomeproperties.xml

INFO: Translating external format into raw format

INFO: Restoring class oracle.install.driver.oui.OUIMetadata from file:/E:/Oracle12cDatabase/database/install/../stage/shiphomeproperties.xml

INFO: Loading beans from Xml Bean Store. [BeanStoreName:oui-metadata]

INFO: Setting value for the property:properties in the bean:oui-metadata

INFO: Executing action at state preAutoUpdates

INFO: Completed executing action at state <preAutoUpdates>

INFO: Moved to state <preAutoUpdates>

INFO: Validating view at state <preAutoUpdates>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <preAutoUpdates>

INFO: Validating state <preAutoUpdates>

WARNING: Validation disabled for the state preAutoUpdates

INFO: Completed validating state <preAutoUpdates>

INFO: Get view named [AutoUpdatesOptionsUI]

INFO: View for [AutoUpdatesOptionsUI] is oracle.install.ivw.common.view.AutoUpdatesOptionsUI[,0,0,0x0,invalid,layout=java.awt.FlowLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=9,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]

INFO: Initializing view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Completed initializing view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Displaying view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Completed displaying view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Loading view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Completed loading view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Localizing view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Completed localizing view <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI> at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Executing action at state AutoUpdatesOptionsUI

INFO: Completed executing action at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Moved to state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Validating view at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Validating state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: Completed validating state <AutoUpdatesOptionsUI>

INFO: No updates will be downloaded or applied

INFO: Verifying route NO_AUTO_UPDATES

INFO: Executing action at state supportedOSCheck

INFO: Completed executing action at state <supportedOSCheck>

INFO: Moved to state <supportedOSCheck>

INFO: Validating view at state <supportedOSCheck>

INFO: Completed validating view at state <supportedOSCheck>

INFO: Validating state <supportedOSCheck>

INFO: Verifying target environment...

INFO: Checking whether the IP address of the localhost could be determined...

INFO: Completed verification of target environment.

INFO: Verifying setup for installer validations

INFO: Overall status of CVU API call:OPERATION_FAILED

SEVERE: [FATAL] [INS-30131] Initial setup required for the execution of installer validations failed.

CAUSE: Failed to access the temporary location.

ACTION: Ensure that the current user has required permissions to access the temporary location.

*ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:*

- Framework setup check failed on all the nodes

Summary of the failed nodes

ntejani-vbox2

- Version of exectask could not be retrieved from node "ntejani-vbox2"

~~~

• 8. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                        Srini Chavali-Oracle

Many people have reported issues in Windows when choosing to install the software as well as create a database. They have had better luck by first installing the software only, then creating a database using DBCA. Ensure that you are executing setup.exe by right-clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator". Pl see if MOS Doc 1569962.1 is applicable

HTH
                        Srini

• 9. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                          user10312990

Hi Srini,

Am following exactly what has been mentioned.

still no luck.. also , this issue m facing right at the beginning of the wizard after I skip the software updates option. So i do no get to see the installation option as well

Regards,

Nayan

• 10. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                            Srini Chavali-Oracle

If you have met all requirements and are following the steps in the guide exactly, then pl open a SR with Support

Srini

• 11. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                              user10312990

Sure Srini

Btw 1 quick check.

I do also have another VM where Oracle 12g db installation on the first try without any issue.

however the EM Repository Configuration failed during EMCC installation.

Re-installation of Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control Failed

Is there any way to re-start from Repository Configuration rather than de-installing the already installed weblogic and plug-ins and starting afresh.

Regards

Nayan

• 12. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                                user10312990

Hi,

A further update on above issue.

I proceeded wit complete de-install of Enterprise manager components  and also de-installed the 12g database. Cleaned up the Environment variables and also inventory files.

and deleted all the folders pertaining to Oracle database and enterprise manager installation including Oracle_home

Triggered a Installation of Oracle Database 12c as if it were a fresh install.

Select Install software only. and further used the dbca utility wizard with advanced option to configure each entries manually.

When i tried to connect to Database using SQL plus,  i get an error as

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

Upon Checking the listener status below is output: -

C:\Users\Administrator>lsnrctl start

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production on 05-SEP-2013 13:04:55

Copyright (c) 1991, 2013, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production

System parameter file is C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

Log messages written to C:\app\Oracle\diag\tnslsnr\NTEJANI-VBOX1\listener\alert\log.xml

Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com)(PORT=1521)))

Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=NTEJANI-VBOX1)(PORT=1521)))

STATUS of the LISTENER

------------------------

Alias                     LISTENER

Version                   TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production

Start Date                05-SEP-2013 13:05:00

Uptime                    0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 8 sec

Trace Level               off

Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication

SNMP                      OFF

Listener Parameter File   C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

Listener Log File         C:\app\Oracle\diag\tnslsnr\NTEJANI-VBOX1\listener\alert\log.xml

Listening Endpoints Summary...

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com)(PORT=1521)))

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))

Services Summary...

Service "CLRExtProc" has 1 instance(s).

Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 3 handler(s) for this service...

The command completed successfully

C:\Users\Administrator>

~~~~~~~~~~

Listener.ora file content:

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =

(SID_LIST =

(SID_DESC =

(SID_NAME = CLRExtProc)

(ORACLE_HOME = C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1)

(PROGRAM = extproc)

(ENVS = "EXTPROC_DLLS=ONLY:C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\bin\oraclr12.dll")

)

)

LISTENER =

(DESCRIPTION_LIST =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = NTEJANI-VBOX1)(PORT = 1521))

)

)

Kindly guide as to where m i going wrong?

Regards,

Nayan

-

~~~~~~~~

My TNS File

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora

TESTCOE =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVICE_NAME = TESTCOE)

)

)

~~~~

• 13. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                                  EdStevens

user10312990 wrote:

Hi,

A further update on above issue.

I proceeded wit complete de-install of Enterprise manager components  and also de-installed the 12g database. Cleaned up the Environment variables and also inventory files.

and deleted all the folders pertaining to Oracle database and enterprise manager installation including Oracle_home

Triggered a Installation of Oracle Database 12c as if it were a fresh install.

Select Install software only. and further used the dbca utility wizard with advanced option to configure each entries manually.

When i tried to connect to Database using SQL plus,  i get an error as

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

Upon Checking the listener status below is output: -

C:\Users\Administrator>lsnrctl start

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production on 05-SEP-2013 13:04:55

Copyright (c) 1991, 2013, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production

System parameter file is C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

Log messages written to C:\app\Oracle\diag\tnslsnr\NTEJANI-VBOX1\listener\alert\log.xml

Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com)(PORT=1521)))

Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=NTEJANI-VBOX1)(PORT=1521)))

STATUS of the LISTENER

------------------------

Alias                     LISTENER

Version                   TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production

Start Date                05-SEP-2013 13:05:00

Uptime                    0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 8 sec

Trace Level               off

Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication

SNMP                      OFF

Listener Parameter File   C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

Listener Log File         C:\app\Oracle\diag\tnslsnr\NTEJANI-VBOX1\listener\alert\log.xml

Listening Endpoints Summary...

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com)(PORT=1521)))

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))

Services Summary...

Service "CLRExtProc" has 1 instance(s).

Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 3 handler(s) for this service...

The command completed successfully

C:\Users\Administrator>

~~~~~~~~~~

Listener.ora file content:

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

SID_LIST_LISTENER =

(SID_LIST =

(SID_DESC =

(SID_NAME = CLRExtProc)

(ORACLE_HOME = C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1)

(PROGRAM = extproc)

(ENVS = "EXTPROC_DLLS=ONLY:C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\bin\oraclr12.dll")

)

)

LISTENER =

(DESCRIPTION_LIST =

(DESCRIPTION =

)

)

Kindly guide as to where m i going wrong?

Regards,

Nayan

-

~~~~~~~~

My TNS File

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora

TESTCOE =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVICE_NAME = TESTCOE)

)

)

~~~~

One of the key pieces of evidence is the actual method you used to connect.  Assuming you were invoking sqlplus at a command line, we would need to see the full and actual command you used.

Were you trying to connect from the same machine the database is running on, or a "remote" client?  Typically what I see on this error is either attempting a local connection when the database is actually on another machine, or a local connection but with an incorrect setting for ORACLE_SID.

• 14. Re: Not able to install oracle database 11.2.0.2.0 in Windows 7
                                    user10312990

trying to connect to the database instance from the same machine where it is installed.

only difference being that instead of using localhost, m using actual hostname of that machine

1 2 Previous Next