4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2013 12:23 PM by Aman.... RSS

Database projects and DBA

Hi,

I am a fresher (OCP certified) and I have no process/project knowledge that what are sizes of datafiles, tempfiles, undo tbs , database sizes, no. of databases, dba teams and the nature of works etc. in actual environment.

I tried google but I am not satisfied. I will really appreciate if anybody share their experience with me.

• 1. Re: Database projects and DBA
          Nicolas.Gasparotto

I'm wondering why you got OCP exam then. Not sure what you are looking for though.

Are you sure it's a tech question which should fit to the Database General question ?

<mod. action: looking forward for locking that thread>

Nicolas.

• 2. Re: Database projects and DBA

Okay,

Lets say the size of my PROD database is 300 GB then what should be the size of SGA, temp Tbs and undo Tbs.

I know it depends on many other factors but is their any general rule ?

• 3. Re: Database projects and DBA
              Nicolas.Gasparotto

988731 wrote:

Okay,

Lets say the size of my PROD database is 300 GB then what should be the size of SGA, temp Tbs and undo Tbs.

I know it depends on many other factors but is their any general rule ?

Why did you get the OCP ?

And in addition of what Billy said, I'd ask what size you are talking about: datafiles ? segments ? etc.

Nicolas.

hmmm, where's gone the Billy's post ? Message was edited by: NicolasGasparotto

• 4. Re: Database projects and DBA
                Aman....

988731 wrote:

Hi,

I am a fresher (OCP certified) and I have no process/project knowledge that what are sizes of datafiles, tempfiles, undo tbs , database sizes, no. of databases, dba teams and the nature of works etc. in actual environment.

I tried google but I am not satisfied. I will really appreciate if anybody share their experience with me.

You don't need to have a working experience to know for one database, you can have only one Undo tablespace active, do you?And when you say you are OCP already-it becomes even more important that you know it. The number of DBA's would depend on the company. The number of the databases would depend on the accounts/projects that your company has. Not sure exactly what are trying to find on Google and about what you are not satisfied in terms of the answers.

Aman....