This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 7:27 AM by S.Ananth RSS

Two soa domain with same name "TestSOADomain" sharing same SOA schema ?

User516699-OC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I tried creating two soa domain with same name "TestSOADomain" (different path) sharing same SOA schema .However one domain came UP to Running mode and other domain going to AdminMode and "soa-infra" application of that domain is not active.

I do want to understand can this be possible with SOA ,ie. two soa domain sharing same SOA schema ?

If possible what are all the problems might come

1. While executing soa composites with asyncronous behaviour ?

2. How the polling services will work ?

3. will the XREF_DATA table ROW_NUMBER column inserted uniquely while inserting data from two different domain into same SOA schema ?

4. Other issues ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Two soa domain with same name "TestSOADomain" sharing same SOA schema ?
    S.Ananth Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated

Each domain is expected to refer to its own unique database schema. Same SOA schema should not be shared by multiple SOA clusters/domains. It is technically possible though, I suppose, and still can run fine any one SOA environment at any given time with the other SOA environments/domains (sharing the same SOA schema) shutdown. It is not the general/recommended practice to share SOA schema across domains and there could be potential implications and unexpected behavior, particularly when the SOA environments pointing to the same schema are all running at a time.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points