3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 3:20 AM by Laury RSS

How to install ASM with less than 4 G (Oracle 12c)

Laury

When installaing ASM for Oracle 12c, one of the runInstaller pre-requisites is a RAM of 4 GB.

How to make an ASM installation with less than 4 GB?

Thanks and Regards.

• 1. Re: How to install ASM with less than 4 G (Oracle 12c)
          saurabh

According to my knowledge you cannot change the memory pre-requisites value. The oracle has given the minimum memory require to install in the installation manual.

You might be getting this warning on the pre-requisite check screen. You can chose to ignore this warning. there will be no problem in it.

• 2. Re: How to install ASM with less than 4 G (Oracle 12c)
            EdStevens

saurabh wrote:

According to my knowledge you cannot change the memory pre-requisites value. The oracle has given the minimum memory require to install in the installation manual.

You might be getting this warning on the pre-requisite check screen. You can chose to ignore this warning. there will be no problem in it.

How can you say "there will be no problem in it".  It's a pre-req for a reason.  Yes, history has shown that in some cases some pre-reqs can judiciously be ignored at installation.  But it is irresponsible to tell someone they can just blithely ignore the warnings and "there will be no problem."

• 3. Re: How to install ASM with less than 4 G (Oracle 12c)
              Laury

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, it is possible to bypass this check, by just checking the box Ignore all from the re-requisites.

This is the only option...

It has the disadvantage to accept all other "not met per-requisites"...

In my situation, there is not impact, it concerns only RAM allocated for which I will need totally no more than 1,5G for ASM and the database.