4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 12:05 PM by AlexAnd RSS

Table borders issue in .rtf template

S00000

Iam developing template in .rtf. I have removed table borders, saved and closed the template. Next, i reopened my template and the table borders are appearing again.
      Does anyone had the same problem. I researched about this issue online and saw that this is known issue with .rtf.
      I hope someone can help me with workaround for this problem.
      My computer had windows XP Professional V2  with SP3 installed and Iam using word 2003 for templates.

On a side note - When I save the template as .doc and reopen the template, i dont see the issue.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Table borders issue in .rtf template
          AlexAnd

i saw same moment from my coworker but for win7/32 and word 2007 (or may be 2010 don't remember )

then workaround was "elegant" =)

hi did template in .doc then saved it in .rtf

any change he did in .doc and then saved in .rtf

and so, as we had svn for code, then we had two working file - .doc (as base for changing) and .rtf (as result template for BIP)

we also didn't have no ideas about this problem and so didn't find any MOS or other solution only as above workaround

try it for your case

may be it will work for you too =)

• 2. Re: Table borders issue in .rtf template
            SanketZ

Hi I am also facing this issue when i upgraded my machine from Win XP to win 7.

I have some tables borders hidden and every time i open the RTF template file, the borders also starts appearing.

Please let me know if someone find any solution on this issue. There might be a setting that we have to do in MS word.

regards,

Sanket

• 3. Re: Table borders issue in .rtf template
              S00000

Thanks AlexAnd.

I tried your approach. I saved the template in .rtf and .doc after removing the borders.

Next time, if i have to update the template, i am opened .doc and saved it as .rtf to make any updates in template. So far this work around is helpful, but the overhead is we need to maintain both .doc and .rtf versions, which is better than re-doing the borders every time in my complex layout.

• 4. Re: Table borders issue in .rtf template
                AlexAnd

but the overhead is we need to maintain both .doc and .rtf versions,

yes

which is better than re-doing the borders every time in my complex layout.

may be

if you have any other working ideas about this problem then share it plz

imho a way as working with .doc and then save as .rtf is more simple then re-doing any borders all times

i think you have some repository for custom code then you will have +1 .doc file as result that's all