This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 4:12 AM by Frank Enem RSS

Dynamic Region: what am I doing wrong?

Frank Enem Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Jdev. 11.1.2.3.0

I have been having problems with dynamic regions.

I have two adf forms; mainPage.jsf and mainRegion.jsf. I have also two adf forms (page fragments), employee.jsff and department.jsff, I have also two bounded task flows; employee-task-flow and department-task-flow. In the mainPage.jsf, I have two buttons, employee and department.

What I want to achieve is that when a user clicks the department button, the department-task-flow will be rendered on the mainRegion and when the employee button is clicked, the employee-task-flow will be rendered.

In the mainRegion.jsf, I dragged the department-task-flow on to it and I choose dynamic region. I also dragged the employee-task-flow and I choose dyanmic link. The department button is bound to this method#{TestRegionManagedBean.departmenttaskflow}  while the  employee button is bound to this #{TestRegionManagedBean.employeetaskflow}. 

When I ran the application, the mainPage displays, however, when I clicked on any of the buttons, it does not display anything.

This is the managed been:

----------------------

package view;

import oracle.adf.controller.TaskFlowId;

public class TestRegion {
private String taskFlowId = "/WEB-INF/department-task-flow.xml#department-task-flow";

public TestRegion() {
}

public TaskFlowId getDynamicTaskFlowId() {
return TaskFlowId.parse(taskFlowId);
}

public String employeetaskflow() {
taskFlowId = "/WEB-INF/employee-task-flow.xml#employee-task-flow";
  return null;
}

public String departmenttaskflow() {
taskFlowId = "/WEB-INF/department-task-flow.xml#department-task-flow";
  return null;