This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 10:55 PM by Asif Muhammad RSS

Report is going in warning r12

pritesh ranjan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi expert,

many  times my users complain me all reports is going in warning. in this case i check  the manager if the all manager are active and the manager's actual and target are different. i down all manager and after down all manager completely run the cmclean.sql script. and up the manager.

the issue is solved.

but many times i watch  managers are working well  and  actual and target are same. till  all reports are going in warning. in the same case i repeat the same way to solve the problem.

i want to know is there any permanent solution for this error or any other method to solve this type of problem in daily cases.

this type of issue raised on my production database..

also plz suggest me how can i tune my ebs r12 production database?????????

thanks & regards

pritesh ranjan

• 1. Re: Report is going in warning r12
    pritesh ranjan Newbie

os rhel 5.4

ebs r12

• 2. Re: Report is going in warning r12
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hi Pritesh,

Please check the database and the application log files in order to find out what is causing the issues.

I suggest also upload the log files in a zip and provide the link here, so that we may have a review of the exact error.

Thanks &

Best Regards,

• 3. Re: Report is going in warning r12
    pritesh ranjan Newbie

thanks for your replay,

but currently i have no logfile. i want suggestion what can i do when next time this type issue will be come.

thanks

pritesh ranjan

• 4. Re: Report is going in warning r12
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hi Pritesh,

i want suggestion what can i do when next time this type issue will be come.

I suggest you to:

- Check the Database alert log file.

- Check the Application log file.

Please have a review on notes:

Concurrent Processing - Troubleshooting Concurrent Manager Issues (Unix specific) (Doc ID 104452.1)

Concurrent Processing - Best Practices for Performance for Concurrent Managers in E-Business Suite (Doc ID 1057802.1)

Concurrent Processing - CP Analyzer for E-Business Suite (Doc ID 1411723.1)

Hope this helps!

Thanks &

Best Regards,

• 5. Re: Report is going in warning r12
    pritesh ranjan Newbie

hi AsifMuhammad.....

thanks for your suggestion. one thing more i want to ask,

many time when i down the manager all manager are down successfully but some time FNDLIBR (internal manager) not down after  wait longtime (15-20 min) then i kill the FNDLIBR manger in test instance and then start the manager and the test server work well.

i want to know  can  i kill FNDLIBR manager when it is not  going to down after wait (15-20 min) in production instance. if i do such type of activity in production instance is it leave any bad impact on production instance.

plz plz plz suggest me the right way....

thanks & regards

pritesh ranjan.

• 6. Re: Report is going in warning r12
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hi,

many time when i down the manager all manager are down successfully but some time FNDLIBR (internal manager) not down after  wait longtime (15-20 min)

Some time in the sense, are you able to figure out the instances this would occur or is it randomly.

How are you finding the FNDLIBR run? Is it through: ps -ef | grep FNDLIBR

If yes, I suggest you to give some time as the process kill take some time plus as long as your shutdown script ends up with a value '0' (zero), you are good.

then i kill the FNDLIBR manger in test instance and then start the manager and the test server work well.

Assuming you have shutdown the Application (which will include CM most importantly to our subject), and still if it hangs you may use the force kill option from OS. Since you have already performed the appropriate way of shutting down. But I also suggest you run the "Apps shutdown script" again.

i want to know  can  i kill FNDLIBR manager when it is not  going to down after wait (15-20 min) in production instance. if i do such type of activity in production instance is it leave any bad impact on production instance.

In addition to my comments above, I suggest you to check for CM log files and also check the below note to be on safe side:

Concurrent Processing - CCM.sql Diagnostic Script to Diagnose Common Concurrent Manager Issues (Doc ID 171855.1)

Thanks &

Best Regards,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points