4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 3:05 PM by DougP RSS

Hyperion IR 11 - code to launch section in new window

I've currently got a section in my BQY that I have a button that it is launching it within the same window. What I'm trying to do is launch it in a new window, because the users use a dashboard, and aren't familiar with navigating within the sections on the left hand side of the BQY.

In Script Editor, I have the following to launch a pivot, but I'm not sure how to launch it in a new window:

ActiveDocument.Sections[txlMe.Text].Qiq_onControlClick(this.Parent,this)

• 1. Re: Hyperion IR 11 - code to launch section in new window
          WVanSluys

what you are requesting is not making sense.

A BQY opened within Web Client is a self-contained collection of analytics.

Based on what you described you are wanting to launch a copy of itself - different section into a new instance of Web Client.

I think a bit of User Training would be a better solution

• 2. Re: Hyperion IR 11 - code to launch section in new window

ok, so not possible would be the courteous reply.

• 3. Re: Hyperion IR 11 - code to launch section in new window
              WVanSluys

sorry if i hurt your feelings, I could have just said No Not possible....But I thought providing some insight and a reason why would help more than a short impersonal answer.

• 4. Re: Hyperion IR 11 - code to launch section in new window
                DougP

Your first sentence is pretty mangled.  I know there are a lot of members here for whom English is not their primary language, so I'll assume that.

If it's something within the same document, you shouldn't be "launching" anything.

I see you are using the Qiq_onControlClick() method.  Do you realize that method is not actually part of the system?  Have you looked at it's source code to see what it is actually doing?

I would assume an object named txlMe is a textlabel, not a button.  If this assumption is not correct, you may want to rename it to btnMe (or something else meaningful) to make your successor's life easier.

Unless the syntax for the Qiq_onControlClick() method call is unrelated to what it's actually doing (which is possible with this line of products) this.Parent would return the dashboard object.  Your code shouldn't be opening a pivot at all, but the dashboard you're already looking at.

It will probably be easier for all involved to either train the users to use the sections list or to display everything as embedded objects in the dashboard.  If you are using the web client, you can use hyperlinks to open a document in a new browser window.  You can even pass parameters in the URL to tell the document what section to open, initialize query filters, etc.