3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 6:09 PM by user8860348

Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: the table PSDBOWNER has no row

user8860348

Folks,

Hello. I am installing PeopleTools 8.53 Internet Architecture. Database Server is Oracle Database 11gR1. OS is Oracle Linux 5.

I have installed JDK7, WebLogic 10.3.6, Tuxedo 11gR1 and PeopleTools 8.53 successfully into Oracle Linux 5.

I have been setting up PeopleTools 8.53 Database Instance. Because the setup Wizard has problem and cannot create Database instance PT853, I set up PeopleTools 8.53 Database Instance PT853 manually using 2 ways as below:

First way, I use Oracle Database DBCA to create instance PT853 successfully and then run the following scripts:

1) utlspace.sql

2) dbowner.sql

3) psadmin.sql

4) psroles.sql

5) connect.sql

After that, the table PSDBOWNER should have one row DatabaseName (PT853) and OwnerID (myname) for Data Mover to login. But there is no row in PSDBOWNER after run the above 5 scripts. Because of this error, I tried the second way.

Second way, I run the script createdb10.sql to create Database instance PT853 successfully and then run the 5 scripts as above but get the same error: PSDBOWNER has no row.

My $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/initPT853.ora file is correct. All of the above 5 scripts run successfully. I cannot find out why PSDBOWNER has no row.

My question is:

Can any folk tell me why PSDBOWNER has no row after run the above 5 scripts ? How to solve the issue ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: the table PSDBOWNER has no row
          BobLilly

There is no issue to solve. PSDBOWNER will be populated when you run the step to create and run the Data Mover Import scripts. Even without a row in PSDBOWNER you can still login to datamover in bootstrap mode, which is what you are instructed to do in this step.

Regards,

Bob

• 2. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: the table PSDBOWNER has no row
            user8860348

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

The script psadmin.sql created OWNERID (myid) and OWNER ID PASSWORD (mypwd).
            The script connect.sql created connect USER people and connect PASSWORD people.

For SQL*PLUS and Net Manager, "myid" that is OWNER ID and "mypwd" that is OWNER PASSWORD can login successfully.

I set Configuration Manager and Data Mover as below:

Configuration Manager:

Database Name: PT853
            UserID: myid
            Connec ID: people
            Connect Password: people

Data Mover:

Database Name: PT853
            UserID: myid
            Password: mypwd

As you said, Data Mover Bootstrap can login without a row in PSDBOWNER. But when I login Data Mover, I get this error:

File: SQL Access Manager
            SQL error. Stmt #: 2 
            Error Position: 0 
            Return: 12154 - ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Invalid User ID and Password for signon.

My question are:

Does "PSDBOWNER has no row" cause this error ? If not, what causes this error? How to solve the issue?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: the table PSDBOWNER has no row
              user8860348

Folks,

Hello. The issue is solved by myself. Data Mover Bootstrap can login now. Thanks.