3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2013 9:14 PM by weezer RSS

Accessing A Form Causes Planning and SmartView Services Hung

weezer

Hi there,

I have a little problem but annoying here.

I have a cube contains 50 forms. 49 forms are normal and accessible through SmartView. But only one form can't be accessed or opened through Hyperion Planning web.

Once user tries to access this form, we have to restart the Planning and Provider Services service on Windows Services (services.msc). No need to do this action when opening the rest 49 forms.

Case:

When I let it loaded and waited for a long time finally the error message appeared, "Cannot connect to provider. Make sure it is running in the specified host/port. Error (503)." After got that error, we are unable to acceess Planning on the web and SmartView and have to restart the services.

I have tried:

- increased the value of time out on ASP section to the max value on IIS

- increased the value of KeepAliveTimeout, ReceiveTimeout, ServerInfoTimeout on regedit for both client and server machine.

Environment: Hyperion 11.1.2.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit.

Client side: Microsoft Windows XP/Windows 7, SmartView 11.1.2.2, Microsoft Excel 2007 32 bit.

Anyone has idea what kind of problem that I experience? Any of your ideas will highly appreciated. Many thanks.