OK. Really weird. User has IE8 and has set all the settings. She logs into DEV and and all the menu's and webforms render properly. Using same instance she logs into TEST and everything won't render correctly. How could this be? For some reason it won't allow me to attach my image files to show you. Basically on the Page selections instead of the members and the little arrow it has the names 'Year' and 'Go' but little red X's next to them. On Dev it's fine and displays perfectly. Both Dev and Test are 188.8.131.52 and patched to same level.
Confused.... Any ideas here? Is it a configuration in the actual Install?
I have made all these IE Settings too:
2. Disable default pop-up blocking
3. Add Workspace URL to trusted sites
4. Minimize security setting for trusted sites
5. Customize security settings
6. Enable option "Always allow session cookies"
7. Disable option "Enable Native XMLHTTP"
8. Only for SSL enabled environments: Disable option "Do not save Encrypted Pages to Disk"
9. Disable ‘Compatibility View’ in Internet Explorer
Does this happen to all users, if not then it wouldn't point to an issue with configuration of the software.
Can the user log into a different machine and access the test environment, do they still get the same issue.
I agree with John, this could be issue with IE settings mostly.
Is the URL for TEST is not in Trusted sites & the opposite is true for DEV ?
Check for the option "Allow script-initiated windows without size or position constraints" for all zones - Trusted, Internet, etc. It should be enabled.
Try resetting settings from Advanced tab & reapply settings if needed. Also for some settings, you need to restart IE.
Hope this helps.