1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 10:39 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Need your help, very stressful
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

It will check for the database tier node only.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 16. Re: Need your help, very stressful
          HarryApps

This is what I did in the initial setup:

Linux2 - database node

Linux1 - primary application node

I added server - Linux2 as another application node and shared file system with Linux1

In the above setup, Linux2 acts as a database & application node but needs application files from Linux1. In this case, after I run the rapidwiz on Linux2, does it pass the post installation checks? It didn't pass for me because it tries to install application stack on Linux1 on the same installation and it is failing. I was sick of debugging this. Do you know why conceptually this setup is not working for me? I switched the setup around, my new try is,

Linux2 - database node

Linux1 - primary app node

The above setup passed the post installation checks on Linux2. Now I am figuring out why rapidwiz is not running on Linux1 so that I can install application stack on Linux1, I am sure I will figure this out. My next step is I will add Linux2 as another app node and share the file system - I will keep you posted. But Thank you for all your help. You are a Gentle Man!! Keep it up!!

• 17. Re: Need your help, very stressful
            HarryApps

Hi Hussein,

Thank you for all your help. I finally installed the 2 node configuration - Linux2 db node and Linux1 app node. I will add one more node and force the shared file system and will update you after that. What is normal enterprise configuration, if they were to add one more node, do they add all services or do they just add one more concurrent managers and load balance the concurrent manager requests? Do you have any ideas on free load balancer? I appreciate if you could guide me on how to configure the load balancer. Thank you for the help.

• 18. Re: Need your help, very stressful
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Please see the following docs -- I'm not aware of any free load balancer and I don't think you would find any.

Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 384248.1)

How can I Enable Multiple Nodes with the E-Business Suite? (Doc ID 1260934.1)

Implementing Load Balancing On Oracle E-Business Suite - Documentation For Specific Load Balancer Hardware (Doc ID 727171.1)

Thanks,

Hussein

1 2 Previous Next