2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 2:49 PM by Redneck_Geek Branched from an earlier discussion.

sybase connect problem

Redneck_Geek

I'm having that same problem but I am using SQL Developer 3.1.07. It is funny. I can connect to one of our Sybase databases just fine with no issue. But when I try to connect to the other one I'm geeting the same JAVA error that lili5059 is getting. The connection works fine. I get the JAVA error when it is trying to return back the datbase lists. I am using the JTDS 1.2 jar file.  Any thoughts or advice that you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: sybase connect problem
          Jim Smith

lili5059's problem was that he was using Sybase SQLAnywhere, which isn't supported, rather than Sybase Adaptive Server, which is.

Unless one of your Sybase databases is SQLAnywhere you have a different problem.  In order for someone from the migration team to be able to help you, you will need to provide more information.

SQL Developer version, JDK Version, Operating system and version

Sybase Version, operating system and version (of both the working and non-working servers)

Your error message and error stack. 

• 2. Re: sybase connect problem
            Redneck_Geek

Jim,

I do not know much about the Sybase database that I am trying to connect to. I am running Windows 7, SQL Developer 3.1.07, JTDS 1.2 jar. Here is the error message that I am getting:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.registerBuilders(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:451)

at oracle.javatools.db.AbstractDatabase.<init>(AbstractDatabase.java:85)

at oracle.javatools.db.ddl.DDLDatabase.<init>(DDLDatabase.java:50)

at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.<init>(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:71)

at oracle.javatools.db.sybase.AdaptiveServerDatabaseImpl.<init>(AdaptiveServerDatabaseImpl.java:106)

at oracle.javatools.db.sybase.AdaptiveServerAnywhereDatabaseImpl.<init>(AdaptiveServerAnywhereDatabaseImpl.java:150)

at oracle.javatools.db.sybase.AdaptiveServerDatabaseFactory.createDatabaseImpl(AdaptiveServerDatabaseFactory.java:52)

at oracle.javatools.db.DatabaseFactory.createDatabaseImpl(DatabaseFactory.java:231)

at oracle.javatools.db.DatabaseFactory.createDatabase(DatabaseFactory.java:212)

at oracle.jdeveloper.db.DatabaseConnections.getDatabase(DatabaseConnections.java:607)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections$ConnectionInfo.getDatabase(Connections.java:156)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections.getConnection(Connections.java:1043)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections.getConnection(Connections.java:1024)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.DatabaseConnection.openConnectionImpl(DatabaseConnection.java:115)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.AbstractConnectionNode.getConnection(AbstractConnectionNode.java:30)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.DatabaseNavigatorController.connect(DatabaseNavigatorController.java:607)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.DatabaseNavigatorController.handleEvent(DatabaseNavigatorController.java:240)

at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.performAction(IdeAction.java:529)

at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformedImpl(IdeAction.java:884)

at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformed(IdeAction.java:501)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:809)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:850)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6290)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6055)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2039)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4653)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2097)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4481)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4575)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4236)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4166)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2083)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2482)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4481)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:648)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:84)

at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:607)

at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:605)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)

at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)

at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:621)

at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:619)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:618)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

It is funny. My user name and password works when I TEST connect. I get this error message when I connect normaly. Any advice or thoughts that you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,