1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 3:40 AM by Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle RSS

Seeking help with understanding OEM 12c Software Library

BillW

Greetings,

I currently have OEM 12.1.0.1 installed on Linux and am preparing to upgrade to 12.1.0.3. In preparation for doing this I am struggling to understand the concept of Software Libraries. I hope I can ask the question clearly. I have several questions actually.

In the OEM console I choose setup -> Provisioning and Patching -> Software Library and I choose Oms Shared Filesystem which I have given the name OMS-Software-Download to and see it points to a directory on the OMS server containing a number of files, many named such as 12.1.0.1.0_AgentCore_226.zip and also 12.1.0.1.0_oracle.sysman.csa_2000_0.opar. What are the opar files? Are they in fact the various plug-ins which were deployed with the initial installation of my 12.1.0.1 OEM?

In the OEM console I choose setup -> Provisioning and Patching -> Software Library and I choose OMS Agent Filesystem which I have given the name Agent-Library to and see it points to a directory on the OMS server containing a number of files, the downloaded agents, e.g. p14018175_112000_Generic.zip.

First question. I don't understand the difference between an upload file location and a reference file location as discussed in the section in Chapter 3 of the Setting Up the Cloud Infrastructure on setting up the software library. Are the locations mentioned above upload or reference locations or something else and how do I tell?

Second question. I believe I must download additional plugins. Do they go in the OMS Shared File location or somewhere else? Are they part of the software library and if so how do I add them to the software library?

Third question. Newer versions of an agent have been downloaded, for example, a more recent version of 12.1.0.1.0_AgentCore_233.zip has been downloaded but put in a directory other than the directory defined as the OMS Agent Filesystem directory. Is it simply enough to copy it into the OMS Agent Filesystem directory overwriting the existing file or must I do something to update the software library.

I realize I may not have answered these questions clearly but that is due to my lack of understanding and I'm hoping someone can help clarify for me.

Thank you.

Bill Wagman