1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 12:46 AM by 1037995 RSS

Query regarding converting application tier (concurrent and reports) into shared APPL_TOP

Hi,

Our E-business suite production server has four nodes configuration. 1. Application Nodes: APP1 , APP2 (Web and forms services are running on these two nodes) 2. Database Nodes: DB1, DB2 (DB-SRV - common name) (SAN storage with Active/Passive OS cluster configuration) Also the concurrent and reports services are running here.

Currently, the APP1 and APP2 application files are configured in shared APPL_TOP. It is not enabled for concurrent and reports services which is running along with database. I already checked the metalink doc id for the same.

I'm expecting your suggestion that we should take care while enabling the shared APPL_TOP for concurrent node+reports.

It would be also great, if any one give rough outline plan for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Senthil

• 1. Re: Query regarding converting application tier (concurrent and reports) into shared APPL_TOP

Hi,

Below is my plan to add the conc admin and reports server to the shared appl_top.

1. Run adpreclone.pl appsTier on the conc admin node. i.e. run adpreclone in node DB-SRV

2. Verify and enable context variable s_isAdConc, s_isAdConcDev context variables.

3. Mount the node-App1 application file system to node DB-SRV.

4. Copy the existing .rdf files(located in DB-SRV) to the shared appl_top.

5. Then run autoconfig on DB-SRV.

Can anyone review and let me know, if something is wrong here or need to be modified?

Regards, Senthil

Message was edited by: 4d4ca551-bedb-472d-8890-ce0cfac3870b