10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2013 9:31 AM by Sariel-SW RSS

Report Design with Section in Section

Sariel-SW

Dear All,

I have a questions on OBI Report conversation from BOXI.

As a system change in the company, some BOXI reports will be developed in OBIEE. However, I found one pattern that facing problem. It would be good if anyone can suggest to achieve

Scenario:

BOXI conversation to OBIEE on the following format

The following is the design of BOXI

Brand 1
      Plan 1

Plan Details
      Plan Details

PO

Summary
      Plan = XXXX, PO =XXXX, Variance = XXXX

Reports are displayed in group of Brand then by Plan. As BO can be put several tables under a section. Is that possible in OBIEE? If Not, is that alternative to achieve the purpose?

• 1. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
          vjbez1

You can add multiple columns to your sections even if it is Table View or Pivot View. You can add Brand and Plan columns into sections and that should give you the structure you wanted.

Am I missing something?

• 2. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
            Sariel-SW

Hi,

THanks for suggestion.

When I put the Brand and Plan into Section HEader, another error like 'Exceed Maximum Limit' Will be encountered..... Is there any solution?

If the brand and plan is put together in the section, the report will show as

e.g Brand001 + Plan001

Brand001+Plan002

Is there any way not to show the brand like that?

In addition, there are more than 1 table  under the Brand (As described above), the case seems can be applied to one table/pivot only...

• 3. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
              vjbez1

"'Exceed Maximum Limit' Will be encountered..... Is there any solution?"

This is a governor error. You can fix it by changing the values in Instanceconfig.xml file.. Below is a link for it

Exceeded configured maximum number of allowed output prompts in OBIEE 11g | bi

2) So you dont want the heading "Brand" and only want to see "001"? if that is the case you can just go to Format Headings of the Brand Column and put a space in there or if you dont want heading for any of our section values then you can disable the option to show the heading in the section properties screen.

You have to move Plan Details, PO and Summary to the Sections as well and that will help you achieve what you want. This may not give you 3 tables under each brand and plan but will give you the kind of data structure you are looking for

• 4. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
                Sariel-SW

THanks for the information

For pt 2, I would like to elaborate more for understanding

My current case is, as a conversion of BOXI to OBIEE object, I found the report layout is designed as my original post mentioned. I would like to create the same/Similar Layout in OBIEE for the purpose

The following is the Example of report

Brand A

Plan 1

Plan Detail Report 1

PO Report 1

PO Report 2

PO Summary

Plan 2

Plan Detail Report 1

PO Report 1

PO Report 2

PO Summary

Brand B

Plan 1

Plan Detail Report 1

PO Report 1

PO Report 2

PO Summary

Plan 3

Plan Detail Report 1

PO Report 1

PO Report 2

PO Summary

etc....

I cannot too understand what you mentioned "move Plan Details, PO and Summary to the Sections as well and that will help you achieve what you want". It would be good if you can provide more steps to do so.

In addition, PO Reports are in one more dimension than PO Summary, Therefore I wonder if all items can be put into a single query .....

• 5. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
                  Sariel-SW

Can anyone suggest? I got stuck on the format, my boss said it is possible to achieve in oBIEE 10g, but I cannot find out such layout in any existing OBIEE project...

• 6. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
                    vjbez1

Sorry got dragged into something else yesterday.

I have a question with this.  SO you mean to say that there is data coming from two different reports for PO summary that needs to be presented in this format? Is this correct?

• 7. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
                      Sariel-SW

Hi, Thanks for reply

As mentioned before, the "content part" consists of 4 reports, as I wanna to use section to group to show 4 reports together as group items, is it possible?

• 8. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
                        vjbez1

I can think of one solution to use these reports into a UNION query and run them with Brand and Plan in the pivot sections.

I am not sure if this will work as I do not know much about the data in these reports and even if all the reports have similar columns to run the UNION.

I will have to leave it to others to see if they have seen anything similar to this..

• 9. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
                          Sariel-SW

Thanks for advise,

But I have a question is, how can I format the union query to give the result like the layout I mentioned?

Can you let me know how to do that??

• 10. Re: Report Design with Section in Section
                            Sariel-SW

Most appreciated if any one can advise on how my request can be done by union query. Many thanks in advance