I am in the next step of our upgrade from 9.3.3 to 126.96.36.199 and ready to migrate our Planning applications. I have read many of the posts related to this and have a general list of steps, but I have slightly different situation than what I have seen posted before.
To summarize, we have installed 188.8.131.52 on new servers. Our old 9.3.3 is still up and running on different environment. I have sucessfully completed the following:
1. Foundation Services/Shared Services installed and up and running and users/groups successfully migrated.
2. Essbase and EAS installed and up and running. All Essbase applications (except for the Planning apps), have been successfully migrated from 9.3.3 to 184.108.40.206.
3. Planning has been installed and is up and running. While there are no Planning apps in the new system, I can open the Planning Administrator via WorkSpace.
So the next step is to get my Planning apps moved/migrated from the 9.3.3 environment to the new 220.127.116.11.
To complicate matters, we are switching from SQL Server repository in 9.3.3 to Oracle in our new 18.104.22.168. So the first thing we did was to create a new Oracle schema for our Planning app repository and using SQL Developer migrate wizard, we copied/migrated the tables and data from the old SQL Server to Oracle. It appears that all the tables and data were successfully copied into Oracle.
Our old Planning application is called PlanTest. The application owner is a native user called planadm. My intended migration plan (and my questions) are:
1. Do I create a new blank Planning app called PlanTest using native account planamd in 22.214.171.124?
2. If I use my new Oracle repository for this blank app, will it wipe out the old converted data or will it try to upgrade/migrate it?
3. Or..should I take a backup of my new converted repository first. Then drop/recreate the Oracle Schema (so no tables) and let Planning build the repository when I create the blank Planning app? Then capture the owner SID in the new HSP_USER table. Stop Planning. Then overlay the database backup of 9.3.3 over the newly created repository and replace the owner SID info. Then Restart Planning.
** My concern: Is the Planning app repository table structures the same between 9.3.3 and 126.96.36.199?
4. Open Planning and hope that the application PlanTest appears!
5. Use Planning upgrade Wizard to finish the migration and upgrade the repository.
6. Push/Create app to Essbase.
7. Export data from old app to .txt load file and reload into new Planning cube.
8. Convert/Migrate Business Rules using info from John's blog.
I am sure I missed something. Any suggestions or comments on these steps would be appreciated. Bottom line is I need to get this app (and several others) migrated successfully with all metadata, security, forms, rules etc. working. Rebuilding them from scratch is NOT an option.
Also, to clarify. This is a Classic Planning app. We are not using EPMA.