2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 11:02 AM by BIPuser RSS

passing variables in rtf

Hi All, I have parent child data sets in a data model. While displaying the result. I want to pass the ID from the parent to the child set so that in row there will be sub rows. Here NAME,ID is part of parent fields and TYPE, DR is part of child fields and they both have common ID. I am having problem to display the child levels . I tried creating the variable and pass the ID to the child group and it is not working.<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX,’ID’,ID)?> and in group <?for-each://R[_ID=.//node()[local-name()=ID]?>

If i can show data model may be things will be clear. Is there any documents where I can pass the value using variable to the group .

NAME                                       ID                            TYPE      

DR John Barns                    ADM ORDR001            PA001          CR   

RV001         CR                                                     

.                                                                                  STA            TR

LOMBARD TRUMAN                ADM ORDR004           INCT                  CR                                                       

PA001                AR                                                    

SI001                 BR

Thanks, Sushil

• 1. Re: passing variables in rtf

not clear for me

<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX,’ID’,ID)?> and in group <?for-each://R[_ID=.//node()[local-name()=ID]?>

if you can use "ID" then try

<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX,’ID’,ID)?> and in group <?for-each://R[_ID=.//node()[local-name()=xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX,’ID’)]?>

or you can post sample xml and rtf and some logic for displaying

• 2. Re: passing variables in rtf

I have sent you a modified template per your email. Take a look.