5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 3:36 AM by Alejandro Tovar Lanz RSS

OracleSearchText and Webcenter Portal

Alejandro Tovar Lanz

Hi,

I am planning an integration of UCM in Webcenter Portal. I need to achieve the same functionality than searching for document using OracleSearchText in UCM. The filters bit is the most important and I would like to know what is the best way to use this functionality of UCM in an external application as Webcenter Portal?

What would be the best way to go? APIs? Webservices? I am new to UCM so I need your help.

Regards

• 1. Re: OracleSearchText and Webcenter Portal
          Anand U

Hi

I would suggest developing a custom taskflow for this using the RIDC APIs of UCM. This way you will have more flexibility than limited by what Document Manager taskflows provide. RIDC APIs are quite easy to use and most of the UCM services can be accessed using it.

Ref - Oracle® Fusion Middleware

Ref - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10316_01/ContentIntegration/ridc/ridc-developer-guide.pdf

HTH

- Anand

• 2. Re: OracleSearchText and Webcenter Portal
            Alejandro Tovar Lanz

So this means that if I call the service GetSearchResults having configured previously the UCM with OracleTextSearch, I will get the results of the query and also, the filters??

• 3. Re: OracleSearchText and Webcenter Portal
              Anand U

Hi,

Ideally yes. The resultset should be different when using OracleTextSearch. I have not tried, but I am pretty sure you should have the filtered results. I guess by filters you meant the summary of documents which belong to what Security Group / Content Type.

- Anand

• 4. Re: OracleSearchText and Webcenter Portal
                Anand U

Hi,

I just enabled OracleTextSearch and here is the additional resultset that GET_SEARCH_RESULTS provides for dDocType filter. You can see the # of results per content type and this should help you drill further.

<idc:resultset name="SearchResultNavigationdDocType" TotalRows="2">

<idc:row>

<idc:field name="drillDownOptionValue">Application</idc:field>

<idc:field name="drillDownModifier">Application</idc:field>

<idc:field name="count">1</idc:field>

<idc:field name="fieldName">dDocType</idc:field>

</idc:row>

<idc:row>

<idc:field name="drillDownOptionValue">Document</idc:field>

<idc:field name="drillDownModifier">Document</idc:field>

<idc:field name="count">2</idc:field>

<idc:field name="fieldName">dDocType</idc:field>

</idc:row>

</idc:resultset>

Further when you drilldown to 'Application' dDocType the request will include the QueryFilter parameter as below, which you will need to control in your code:

GET_SEARCH_RESULTS&QueryText=&searchFormType=standard&SearchQueryFormat=UNIVERSAL&ftx=&AdvSearch=True&ResultCount=20&SortField=dInDate&SortOrder=Desc&QueryFilter=dDocType%20<Matches>%20%60Application%60&PageNumber=1&StartRow=1&EndRow=3&FilterFields=dDocType

HTH

- Anand

• 5. Re: OracleSearchText and Webcenter Portal
                  Alejandro Tovar Lanz

Hi AnandU,

After configuring OracleTextSearch, and using RIDC to execute the query GET_SEARCH_RESULT; the returned object contains the filters and count I am looking for under the name SearchResultNavigation. Thank you very much for your help!

Regards