1 2 3 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 3:15 AM by User190110 -Oracle Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.2 Media Pack v1 for Linux x86-64-bit avaliable NOW!

Hi All,

Have a good Morning!

So as I said I would, I tried to install R12.2.2 this week-end.

VM Config:

4 CPU

8gigs RAM

500gigs HDD

OREL 5.9

I followed the document provided to install all the O/S pre-req. Everything went smooth.

Downloaded all the files (From startCD 1/3 until last file before NLS media pack).

Created the stage directory (unzipped startCD 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 then ran Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/buildstage.sh [or something like that IIRC])

Executed rapidwiz.

Filled the rapidwiz install screens.

Database installed successfully.

Now for the application, the main install script start on friday ~5pm and sunday 3pm, it didn't move yet.

Looking at the log file, I could see it copied all files, executed some scripts up to the main install part.

Looking at the install pdf (in the Documents directory), Oracle recommend a minimum of 10gigs of RAM for 0-10 users. I though for a "lab" i would be fine, but I guess not (looking at "free -g" during the database install, I could see that I had 6gigs ram free and when the main apps install script start, I had 0 free, which seems to point in the same direction).

So I ordered more RAM and will retry once I have more

Have a good day!

1 2 3 Previous Next