0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 9:45 AM by david butler

Completion Insight not working correctly when using Enterprise User Security (EUS) logon

david butler

This is a pre existing issue we've experienced with SQL Developer, though I've only just worked out what is causing the issue it is present in previous versions of the tool, up to the current 4.0.EA2.

We experience issues with the Completion Insight functionality of SQL Developer.

When we log into a database using Enterprise User Security i,e authenticating against OID, the schema of the database account is prefixed to any reference to public synonyms, ie all user_%, all_%, dba_% and v$% views.

When I change the authentication of the database account back to normal database authentication the schema prefix correctly isn't shown. It simply suggests the synonym name of the views.

An example of this is as follows when attempting to query the DBA_TABLES view:

The database account is ORADBA and has DBA privs.
      The EUS user that is mapped to the ORADBA schema is dbutler.

The ORADBA user is configured to authenticate externally (against OID).

I login with my dbutler directory credentials:

If I start typing:

select * from dba_tabl

The object name is suggested as ORADBA.dba_tables

If I change the authentication of the ORADBA account back to database authentication, the prefix is no longer present.

i.e If I start typing:

select * from dba_tabl

The object name is suggested as dba_tables