5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 7:26 PM by SIbison

Inherited values in the tables.

SIbison

Good afternoon all -

I can find the values stored for manually set properties in the backend tables.  Does anyone know if inherited properties are available anywhere on the backend?

Thanks,

Sarah

• 1. Re: Inherited values in the tables.
          Denzz

Hello Sarah,

For inherited properties you will only find the values for nodes where it has been manually entered or has been overridden. I hope that answers. But, if I may know, what are you exactly looking for in the BackEnd Tables?

Thanks

Denzz

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Inherited values in the tables.
            SIbison

One of our EBS developers was look to source directly out of the backend tables via SQL.  The field he wanted to source was an inherited field - I'd see other member properties in the tables, but nothing inherited or calculated.

• 3. Re: Inherited values in the tables.
              Murali Pasumarti

For Inherited and Derived properties, there will not be any record created in rm_node_prop_local Table as mentioned by Denzz, if you really wish to source the information from DRM Schema tables,

you end up writing a sql procedure to identify property values of a selected node and its parent and its parent recursively until you  find a transaction in the “rm_node_prop_local” table or you reach the Top Node,

You may end up joining "rm_node_prop_local", “rm_relationship”, “rm_version” tables.

I am curious, why don't you try an Export to Table to EBS Staging tables?, create a Batch for it and ask EBS team to use that as and when they wish to source updated information from DRM, which is a good practice, unless you don't  find a reliable option from front end go for the schema tables option.

• 4. Re: Inherited values in the tables.
                Denzz

You can provide him/her with a staging table and push all the data that is required via exports to DB tables. This staging table/tables can then be queried instead of the back-end tables.

Thanks

Denzz

• 5. Re: Inherited values in the tables.
                  SIbison

Thanks for the help all.  I agree it would be prefereable to have him read out of a staging table that I populate, I just wanted to prove it couldn't be done through the backend.  The staging table will be the way we go.

Thanks again,

Sarah