4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 8:30 AM by David Last-Oracle RSS

Problems with DDL Preview.

bed95c8d-880d-4f82-9cf2-21cb9fdcd9e3

I was looking at the "DDL preview" for table with no problems.

Just to see what the "DDL File Editor_" is, I entered the editor, did nothing then exited the editor.

Since I entered the editor, the "DDL Preview" menu item is greyed out.

I have restarted the program, but what ever i do the "DDL Preview" remains greyed out.

Is there anyway to get the "DDL Preview" menu item to no longer be greyed out?

• 1. Re: Problems with DDL Preview.
          David Last-Oracle

Hi,

Please can you provide more information to help us understand your problem.

Are you using free-standing Data Modeler or the Data Modeler within SQL Developer?  What version are you using?

I assume this is the DDL Preview option on the menu when you right-click over a Table on a Relational diagram?

Just to see what the "DDL File Editor_" is, I entered the editor, did nothing then exited the editor.

So did you do a Generate DDL to bring up the DDL File Editor?

I have restarted the program, but what ever i do the "DDL Preview" remains greyed out.

I am confused by this, as I'm not aware of any cases where the DDL Preview option is present in the drop-down menu for a Table but is greyed out.

David

• 2. Re: Problems with DDL Preview.

Please can you provide more information to help us understand your problem.

...Are you using free-standing Data Modeler or the Data Modeler within SQL Developer?  What version are you using?

I am using the stand alone data modeler.

...I assume this is the DDL Preview option on the menu when you right-click over a Table on a Relational diagram?

This is correct.

...So did you do a Generate DDL to bring up the DDL File Editor?

I did nothing but exit the editor screen.  Later on when I couldn't get the DDl Preview to work, I tried generating the DDl but the DDL Preview did not become un-greyed out.

...I am confused by this, as I'm not aware of any cases where the DDL Preview option is present in the drop-down menu for a Table but is greyed out.

I am also confused by this. I can fond on way to enable the DDL menu item.

I have created a new project, and it is still greyed out.

The version I am using is 3.3.0.747

David

• 3. Re: Problems with DDL Preview.

I restarted the Data Modeling application again...

It is back to working again....

I have no idea what was wrong.

• 4. Re: Problems with DDL Preview.
                David Last-Oracle

OK.  I guess you're talking about the DDL Preview option on the View menu?

This is normally only enabled when a Table (or a group of Tables) has been selected on a Relational Model diagram.

To do a full generation you can use the DDL File Editor option on the View menu (or use the Generate DDL button above a Relational diagram).

David