Unable to run 11g form

RomanD

Win: 7 (x64)

IE:10

Form Builder: 11.1.2.0.0

Oracle db: 11.2.0.3.0

JRE: 1.6

Hello,

I am trying to run a form locally and not able to do so. Not sure where I need to start troubleshooting.

My Runtime -> Application Server URL is set to: http://RDOGADINLT7.hughes.com:7001/forms/frmservlet

I am able to start Node Manager. It tells me "Plain socket listener started on port 5556".

I am able to run startWebLogic.cmd and I get "<Server started in RUNNING mode>".

I do have "127.0.0.1      localhost" added to my host file.

portlist.ini file:

OPMN_REMOTE_PORT=6701

OPMN_LOCAL_PORT=6700

OPMN_REQUEST_PORT=6702

DOMAIN_PORT=7001

default.env file:

ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1

ORACLE_INSTANCE=C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1

TNS_ADMIN=C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config

FORMS_PATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\forms;C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\FormsComponent\forms

WEBUTIL_CONFIG=C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config\FormsComponent\forms\server\webutil.cfg

FORMS_RESTRICT_ENTER_QUERY=TRUE

CLASSPATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\forms\j2ee\frmsrv.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jlib\ldapjclnt11.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jlib\debugger.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jlib\ewt3.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jlib\share.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jlib\utj.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jlib\zrclient.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\reports\jlib\rwrun.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jlib\start_dejvm.jar;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\opmn\lib\optic.jar

PATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\bin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jdk\jre\bin\client;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\jdk\bin

FORMS=C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\forms

forms.conf

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^/forms/html/(..*) /workaroundhtml/$1 [PT]

AliasMatch ^/workaroundhtml/(..*) "C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1/config/FormsComponent/forms/html/$1"

RewriteRule ^/forms/registry/(..*) /workaroundregistry/$1 [PT]

AliasMatch ^/workaroundregistry/(..*) "C:/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/ClassicDomain/config/fmwconfig/servers/WLS_FORMS/applications/formsapp_11.1.2/config/forms/registry/$1"

I did notice that the forms.conf file points at ClassicDomain directory, where the Web Logic server started as "mydomain", that I recently created. Do I need to repoint to mydomain instead?

When I run a form I get the message below in my IE window:

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Roman

• 1. Re: Unable to run 11g form
          ngsankar

your WLS Admin server and forms deployments are in running status?

• 2. Re: Unable to run 11g form
            RomanD

Hi ngsankar,

Thank you for replying. I was able to start the Web Logic Server by running the startWebLogic.cmd, it shows that it is running and I am able to launch and login to the WLS Admin Console.

Not sure what you mean under the forms deployments.

The only things I have currently running are the Node Manager and WLS.

Is there anything else I need to start?

• 3. Re: Unable to run 11g form
              ngsankar

ok fine, you said you are trying to open the below url right?

http://RDOGADINLT7.hughes.com:7001/forms/frmservlet

To open the above url, forms has to deploy and in running status, check is there any deployment with the name forms?

• 4. Re: Unable to run 11g form

please Check the weblogic server and oracle forms version compatibility. for example oracle forms version 11.1.2.1.0 works well with weblogic 10.3.5,Check it if you have version mismatch problem then reinstall the with matched version. cheers!

• 5. Re: Unable to run 11g form
                  RomanD

ngsankar,

I checked the Deployments in Administration Console and I do not see anything with the name Forms. Should I go ahead and install one? Do you know the name of the file I need to point at when installing?

Thank you

• 6. Re: Unable to run 11g form
                    RomanD

While researching this topic more I have more questions than answers. It looks like some people use Managed Servers, do I need one for running a form? When I go to mydomain -> Environment -> Servers all I see is AdminServer running on port 7001.

I have read that in order for me to create an application and then a servlet for forms I need to work with files like default.env, formsweb.cfg, ftrace.cfg and so on; however default.env file exists only under the ClassicDomain, where I am using mydomain. Do I need to do anything about it?

979801, the weblogic version I have is  10.3.5.0

• 7. Re: Unable to run 11g form
                      RomanD

This issue is resolved. I was using the wrong domain that didn't have Forms application setup.