3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 7:54 AM by William Phelps RSS

Customizing Quick Search in UCM 11g

56f262c6-7c7b-467d-b8c4-63b8726d7643

Hi,

I am working on migrating contents from ucm10g to 11g. I have completed migrating the contents, I have setup security (groups/roles and accounts) similar to that of 10g.

But when I login as particular user and do a quick search for an item, in ucm11g I don't see a record being returned, but search for same content item in 10g returns a record.

After some debugging i understood that quick search query in 10g does not consider accounts, where as 11 does. Please see the queries below.

UCM 11g Query  (Query uses dDocAccount account)

SELECT IdcColl1.dID, dDocTitle, dDocType, dRevisionID, dSecurityGroup, dDocAuthor, dDocAccount, dRevLabel, dFormat, dOriginalName, dExtension, dWebExtension, dInDate, dOutDate, dPublishType, dRendition1, dRendition2, VaultFileSize, WebFileSize, URL,  dFullTextFormat, dFullTextCharset, DocMeta.*, RevClasses.* FROM IdcColl1, DocMeta, RevClasses WHERE IdcColl1.dID =DocMeta.dID AND IdcColl1.dDocName =RevClasses.dDocName AND ((((((( ((RevClasses.dDocName LIKE '%CDND_022900%') 
      OR (dDocTitle LIKE '%CDND_022900%') OR (CONTAINS(dDocFullText,'CDND_022900') > 0 ) ))))))) AND (((((dSecurityGroup != 'Secure' OR dSecurityGroup IS NULL)))
      AND ((UPPER(dDocAccount) LIKE UPPER('CDN/Blogs%')) OR (UPPER(dDocAccount) LIKE UPPER('')) OR (UPPER(dDocAccount) IS NULL))))) ORDER BY dInDate DESC

UCM 10g Query  (Query does not use dDocAccount)

SELECT IdcColl2.dID, dDocName, dDocTitle, dDocType, dRevisionID, dSecurityGroup, dDocAuthor, dDocAccount, dRevLabel, dFormat, dOriginalName, dExtension, dWebExtension, dInDate, dOutDate, dCreateDate, dPublishType, dRendition1, dRendition2, VaultFileSize, WebFileSize, URL, dFullTextFormat, dFullTextCharset, DocMeta.* FROM IdcColl2, DocMeta WHERE IdcColl2.dID=DocMeta.dID AND ((((((((dDocName LIKE '%CDNP_012251%')  OR  (dDocTitle LIKE '%CDNP_012251%')  OR  (CONTAINS(dDocFullText,'CDNP_012251') > 0 ) ))))))  AND  ((((dSecurityGroup != 'Secure' OR dSecurityGroup IS NULL)))))

As part of requirement, i need to make sure that behavior of UCM11g is same as that of 10g. How do I ensure that accounts are not used in query in 11g as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Seshan K.

• 1. Re: Customizing Quick Search in UCM 11g
          William Phelps

The better question is "Why doesn't the 10g instance use the accounts?".  The 11g instance actually operates as expected, taking the user's accounts into consideration.  The 10g instance is the one that is behaving incorrectly, not the 11g.

If you conduct the same query from a standard query page (not the quick search), do you get the same behavior?

• 2. Re: Customizing Quick Search in UCM 11g
            56f262c6-7c7b-467d-b8c4-63b8726d7643

Hi William,

When i do a normal search in 10g, for the content item and  with accounts, it does not return me any records. It is behaving the same way as that of 11g.

But would like to know how the query controlled in quick search, as in what columns to be considered and what should not be?

Regards,

Seshan K.

• 3. Re: Customizing Quick Search in UCM 11g
              William Phelps

The same service is ultimately executed from both the quick search and the standard search page, so there should be no difference in the security clausing.

I don't see the same behavior as you are reporting with the quick search in 10g.  From a 10g instance I have locally, the accounts are indeed considered using the quick search:

SELECT IdcColl2.dID, dDocName, dDocTitle, dDocType, dRevisionID, dSecurityGroup, dDocAuthor, dDocAccount, dRevLabel, dFormat, dOriginalName, dExtension, dWebExtension, dInDate, dOutDate, dCreateDate, dPublishType, dRendition1, dRendition2, VaultFileSize, WebFileSize, URL, dFullTextFormat, dFullTextCharset, DocMeta.*

FROM IdcColl2, DocMeta

WHERE IdcColl2.dID=DocMeta.dID AND (((((((((UPPER(dDocName) LIKE UPPER('%foo%') AND dDocName IS NOT NULL)  OR  (UPPER(dDocTitle) LIKE UPPER('%foo%') AND dDocTitle IS NOT NULL)  OR  (CONTAINS(dDocFullText,'foo') > 0 ) )))))))  AND  (((((NOT (UPPER(dSecurityGroup) LIKE UPPER('OffSite')) OR dSecurityGroup IS NULL)) AND ((NOT (UPPER(dSecurityGroup) LIKE UPPER('Secure')) OR dSecurityGroup IS NULL))) AND ((UPPER(dDocAccount) LIKE UPPER('') AND dDocAccount IS NOT NULL) OR (dDocAccount IS NULL) OR (UPPER(dDocAccount) LIKE UPPER('bar%') AND dDocAccount IS NOT NULL))))) ORDER BY dInDate Desc

Like I said earlier, there is something amiss in your 10g setup.

- Is it patched correctly?

- Are there customizations in place that affect the quick search?

- Does the user conducting the quick search have the read privileges to the #all account?