3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2013 9:32 PM by Hemant K Chitale RSS

RMAN with flashback logs to restore a tablespace PITR or keeping AWR snap_ids intact between multiple flashback db to restore points

knowledgespring

Dear all..

DB : oracle 11g release 2

Do we have any option doing RMAN with flashback logs to restore a tablespace PITR or keeping AWR snap_ids intact between multiple flashback database to restore points?

i tried but it looks like it is not possible , may be i am dong it wrong way...

done with both flashback_on =YES and NO and with guarantee restore points;

normally when we do flashback database to restore points, all the snap_ids created after creation of restore points get deleted. we tried to do sysaux offline during flashback database to restore points but later it is not possible to bring sysaux online due to db incarnation issues and error shows either control file or sysaux is older than resetlog issues during alter database open command execution..

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/backup.112/e10642/flashdb.htm#CFHEHEBA

is anyone done with falshback database to restore points with keeping sysaux tablespace out i.e. keeping awr snap_ids generated between intact during multiple flashback db to restore points;

the requirement is

create guarantee restore point g1;

run some jobs ---

flashback database to restore point g1;

drop restore point g1;

create guarantee restore point g2; another one..

run jobs  with changes (indexes, optimizer settings and few other changes )

flashback database to restore point g2;

drop restore point g2;

compare awrs(snap_ids) generated between those two restore points and check db performance..

would someone please suggest how to do this..

Thanks in advance..